Forums

Children of Mah Inconsistency

Quick find code: 341-342-275-65856097

Leopold

Leopold

Posts: 10,340 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With Zaros's last memoriam crystal, he discovers the true purpose of Geilinor and rushes back to give Azzanadra and Zamorak the empire as he realizes he has to go on hiatus to address the Revision.

I didn't understand why:

Zaros didn't just accept Zamorak's demand to leave or have a conversation with him in his mind explaining the situation, especially about the Great Revision, the Elder Gods.

It seems plausible that Zaros had a duplicitous hidden side, but it was inconsistent with Zaros's memoriam crystal in the urgency to stop the Revision or to hand Azzanadra and Zamorak the empire. He knew how powerful the Siphon is yet let himself vulnerable to its impact just to scold someone who was supposed to inherit the empire.
He might have been naive, but that was beyond stupid.

01-Dec-2016 03:29:01

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros was quite evidently overconfident in his ability to keep Zamorak secure in the threshold of his mind (no, he did not know the power of the staff, it's power was hidden by a spell (not everything from Ghostly Robes has been disregarded as a misinterpretation of events like Viggora's dialogue), hence the lack of an attempt to talk him down.

As for why he wouldn't just accept the demand or explain things to Zamorak, you have to consider that, up until this point, Zamorak had been Zaros's most trusted general. One of the people he felt confident enough to leave the empire in the hands in just broke that confidence.

Furthermore, Zaros is really self centered. It's not much of a stretch at all to say that he really didn't want to leave the empire under anybody's terms but his own.

01-Dec-2016 03:49:39

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
His ego and his need to control. He wasn't going to let a mere mortal chase him away. And he wasn't going to let people think they could defy him. He spared Zamorak in CoM because he didn't want him becoming a marytyr and creating more resistance. Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

01-Dec-2016 04:36:32 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2016 04:37:21 by Hazeel

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He was angry. Yes, he was going to give zamorak the empire but he decided to betray him. It is like escaping the prison on the day you would be freed. NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

01-Dec-2016 13:19:47

Quick find code: 341-342-275-65856097 Back to Top