Forums

The empty house in Varrock...

Quick find code: 341-342-130-65546564

Dark Fury

Dark Fury

Posts: 1,350 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well hello there.

Over the recent months in which I've been playing RuneScape, I've noticed an apparently empty house in Varrock. This house is located West of the Saradomin Church with all the sleeping people, North of the Estate Agent, and South of the North Gate. I find the house interesting because of not only the fairly large size of it, but also because of the contents within its walls. If one were to open the door and step inside, he or she would find a couple of tables, a few chairs, a few cabinets, a few bookcases, a couple of trophy heads, a dresser, a wardrobe, a bed, and other noteworthy items. Most of them can only be examined, however.

What I find intriguing the most are the animal trophy heads. I see them as interesting because they appear to be either a bear or a wolf on the Northern Wall of the ground floor, and a boar on the Southern Wall of the ground floor. These creatures could most likely be killed by skilled hunters or slayers. However, if they were obtainable items, I feel they should be Hunter trophies instead of Slayer trophies because there are no Hunter trophies...Yet.

But whose house is this anyway? What is the history behind it? Is one or more of its inhabitants a skilled Hunter or Slayer perhaps? The answers to these and many other questions are open to discussion as the house is not mentioned anywhere in-game or on any RS-related web sites...Cheers and Happy New Year!
You peer into a Chapel of Zamorak, which appears to be abandoned. Before you can close the doors again, a Revenant Chaos-Bringer flies at you and slays you instantly with a bolt of Shadow Lightning. Oh dear! You are dead!

02-Jan-2015 01:26:52

Dionysius
Dec Member 2011

Dionysius

Posts: 1,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it's the one I'm thinking of I'm fairly sure that there is a Clue Scroll that takes place involving the drawers upstairs or something like that.

Not sure if this means anything, but at least it has some form of game relevance.
The original Wise Old Man

02-Jan-2015 09:24:24

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hereby claim this house. Since nobody lives in the house and has stepped forward to challenge me, the house is now mine, along with all its contents.

I bet there are other abandoned houses all over Gielinor. Maybe one of you can claim them... :P
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

02-Jan-2015 21:14:24 - Last edited on 02-Jan-2015 21:16:25 by A Mighty

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nolhiir said :
That's insignificant Varrock guard #23's house.

Its a good thing he managed to get the down-payment on the house before his wage got stolen...

again...

But all seriousness I doubt housing in this world is much of an issue when there's literally a business sector devoted to building houses in pocket dimensions- and then there's scale theory on top of that.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

05-Jan-2015 02:18:26 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 02:19:20 by Half Centaur

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's either Vanna*a's (I doubt he actually lives in the sewer, he was a warrior in Saradomin's holy army apparently, he's not going to live down there), the priest, (They don't live in the churches, but irl they usually have houses really close), or the town Crier cause idk why

05-Jan-2015 02:41:46

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Half Centaur said :
Nolhiir said :
That's insignificant Varrock guard #23's house.

Its a good thing he managed to get the down-payment on the house before his wage got stolen...

again...

But all seriousness I doubt housing in this world is much of an issue when there's literally a business sector devoted to building houses in pocket dimensions- and then there's scale theory on top of that.

That may not remain strictly canon especially since there is a full construction rework planned to happen at some point removing the pocket dimensional aspect of it. Actually I was there when Jack was discussing whether to have it remain in the lore or retcon it as the update occured.

There are a lot of npc* who are in the market etc who have no assigned houses in game and also scale theory comes into play. Though scale theory has some issues I've recently been thinking about.

During BoL I came up with a full housing plan for Lumbridge as it stands though it is now lost. Would be interested in seeing if the scale theory world works in all places. I doubt it myself.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

05-Jan-2015 02:42:09 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 02:53:33 by Balustan

Adelunth
Jul Member 2006

Adelunth

Posts: 208 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before the Varrock Museum was reworked, it was just a two story building with some trophy heads, statues and chests in it.
I think they replaced the heads to that house you speak of after the museum rework.

05-Jan-2015 23:44:06

Quick find code: 341-342-130-65546564 Back to Top