Forums

OSRS just needs more Pmods

Quick find code: 322-323-906-66286092

Sleepy Skia
Apr Member 2022

Sleepy Skia

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know I stand right there with everyone when I say this; bots run the economy. Absolutely they do and we all hate it despite taking advantage of the low prices of annoying to farm items.

But there's one thing I think EVERYONE can agree on: GE Spamming bots need to die. They serve no function other than scams for the more malicious botters out there that want you to join their item service, trade them your items for a tele tablet to go meet their main Bournous in camelot, or get you hooked on gambling until you decide to risk it all and the bot decides it's time to lose.

A lot of these bots are designed to hop or shut up as soon as pmods are around. And if there were more of them, the bot economy might start to wither away. I For one have been doing a lot more GE-standing and leveling of buyables and my god .I can stand there and report 10 bots an hour all weekend long and it it just never stops.

In the few years I've been back playing this game, I think I've only ran into... three? maybe four pmods. I think I've seen as many Jmods as I have pmods, and those are few and far between in game too. We just, need more.

29-Aug-2023 11:05:14

Brendon
May Member 2022

Brendon

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
P-mods are players as well, they're just volunteers chosen by Jagex's staff that does not mean they will sit at GE all day and mute them. Your best option is just use the report button option and add them to ignore if you don't like seeing them.

30-Aug-2023 11:18:21

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,200 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
pmods cant do anything against bots. they can mute for 1 hour

pmods are not rule enforcers. they help the community.

yes at the moment if a pmod is nearby
some botting scripts
wont say much if anything at all. but if they realise there is a pmod in every world. they will just stop that feature and not care. because after all is just a 1 hour mute.

so no this wont really do much at all. and cant expect pmods who are player first, to spend their time just standing at the ge. pmods want to play the game that is why they log into the game
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

31-Aug-2023 16:44:53 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2023 16:46:25 by Tenebri

TH0KNI
Jan Member 2023

TH0KNI

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
P-mods need more powers! Every time I counter an obvious bot, I oftentimes make a note of their names after I've reported them, and check now and again to see whether their accounts are still active. Sadly, 100% unsuccess rate so far, and their accounts are still live on.

02-Sep-2023 22:37:22

IM o j oI
Jun Member 2023

IM o j oI

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
pmods cant do anything against bots. they can mute for 1 hour

yes at the moment if a pmod is nearby
some botting scripts
wont say much if anything at all. but if they realise there is a pmod in every world. they will just stop that feature and not care. because after all is just a 1 hour mute.

so no this wont really do much at all. and cant expect pmods who are player first, to spend their time just standing at the ge. pmods want to play the game that is why they log into the game

Wait are you serious with this reply? Honestly? I recently got back into the game and lost my name to the 2017 name sponge and was hoping to find a way to get it back since it's not ranked, but really this is what you're going for? Putting Player mods in every world doesn't help? Your statement justifies just as much though, bots won't be spamming us as much because they'll know. Jagex doesn't care much about fixing the botting problem, but this would at least solve the spamming problem... I feel like this is a fantastic idea!! We're not talking about banning or anything crazy and since Jagex can't handle their bot problem now, this would alleviate so many issues with folks spamming, saying some off the wall stuff or even bullying that I've seen since back.

Just my opinion but it feels Jagex enforces more on active players than bots so this in turn would be a better system than we currently have and I 100% support the idea, it should be on the next poll.

03-Nov-2023 03:46:50 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2023 03:48:54 by IM o j oI

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,200 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IM o j oI said :
Tenebri said :

Wait are you serious with this reply? Honestly? I recently got back into the game and lost my name to the 2017 name sponge and was hoping to find a way to get it back since it's not ranked, but really this is what you're going for? Putting Player mods in every world doesn't help? Your statement justifies just as much though, bots won't be spamming us as much because they'll know. Jagex doesn't care much about fixing the botting problem, but this would at least solve the spamming problem...

this wouldnt solve the spamming problem at all.

as stated already ill bullet point it to be blunt

pmods are not police / rule enforcers
pmods are not obliged to mute if they see mutable offense (they are players trying to play the game)
not all bot scripts stop spamming if one if nearby, most carry on.
when a bot is muted another comes by asap its part of the script. - so a pmod has to spend all day just muting - not fun not why they are online
pmods are not the ones handing out punishment that is for jagex
pmods are community helpers

if ops idea was to happen the scripts that do stop if a pmod is nearby will just stop that feature on their script. making the situation worse

so no using pmods to dish out the punishment or to stop spammers is not how it works nor is it how it will help.

id recommend you read what pmods are, as you seem to be under impression they are front line to stopping bots.

player moderators
https://runescape.wiki/w/Player_Moderator
https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Player_Moderator

yes im serious in my reply. im not stating an opinion but what is

this isnt the way to tackle to botting issue. this would be a wet band-aid at the most.

mod sweens response to bots
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

03-Nov-2023 08:21:52 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2023 08:30:57 by Tenebri

Quick find code: 322-323-906-66286092 Back to Top