Forums

New skill proposal

Quick find code: 322-323-588-66277249

Drag0nMaster
Sep Member 2017

Drag0nMaster

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After seeing the new skill proposals and reading through them, I didn’t feel like, for me, they satisfied the niche of the game that a new skill would need to fulfill. The new skill need not necessarily only cater to utility or combat, I believe there is a solution which fulfills both of those aspects of the game while still providing other benefits to the RuneScape economy, such as an item sink.

Thus I present my idea for the new skill: Enchanting

The premise is simple. Think of it as a combination of invention and divination from RS3, but tailored more to a gameplay style that doesn’t stray too far from the roots of OSRS.

Players will be able to use materials (either new or existing) to add status effects to tools or weapons or armor in the game. Imagine having an enchantment material such as some sort of crystal shard that needs to be mined, or enchanted staves which need to be woodcut. These materials could in turn be used to augment certain weapons to apply status effects. It could also incorporate bosses into it. Imagine theater of blood dropped a rare Corrosive blood vial which could be enchanted into a Ghrazi rapier along with other materials for a 10% chance to apply venom, or a dragon horn from vorkath which could have a 5% chance to inflict bleed damage, perhaps applied to a dragon hunter lance. It doesn’t have to stop at weapons, tools could also be enchanted to provide different status effects. You could incorporate lots of other skills into the skill, perhaps by enchantment materials needing to be mined or woodcut or fish in order to enchant and imbue your weapons or tools. Imagine enchanting a fishing rod with 1k fish oil obtained from cutting fish which improves catch rate.

The effects could be balanced according to what the community seems would be fair as to not break the gameplay. It would add an item sink in the form of junk items being able to be used as enchantment components.
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

27-Mar-2023 14:12:51

Drag0nMaster
Sep Member 2017

Drag0nMaster

You could have several tiers of materials which could be gathered by a plethora of different skills to apply better and better effects at higher tiers. Perhaps plant essence gained from picking herbs to enchant secateurs to increase yield. The possibilities are endless, and you could breathe new life into all available skills by making them actually useful to perform (by making certain materials only obtainable by doing a specific action) which gives players a reason to do things that aren’t necessarily the best in slot GP or XP. Say a particular enchantment required a specific ingredient only available from planting and picking guam for example. Or from cutting willows or maple trees. It would add progression to the game from low level to end game by providing progressively better benefits as one levels a skill. It would also improve end game content by providing a new goal to strive toward in the name of unlocking the best enchantments for your items. „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

27-Mar-2023 14:21:18

Drag0nMaster
Sep Member 2017

Drag0nMaster

Think something along the lines of shamanism, but also incorporating existing skills (mining, woodcutting, herblore, fishing etc) and also adding new boss rewards and materials. I don’t want to just harvest brand new components for the skill, I also want to incorporate existing content into the skill to make dead content useful again and also have the items directly be impacted as opposed to having to carry around a totem of some sort. „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

27-Mar-2023 15:09:51

Jryrlr
Jun Member 2016

Jryrlr

Posts: 1,079 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe this be better?

Dungeoneering from RS3 , but with multiple different Environments, E.G, Woods,Swamps,Caves etc can be very diverse same concept/Mechanics as old dungeoneering. Call it adventuring or something lol XD

27-Mar-2023 23:43:57

Drag0nMaster
Sep Member 2017

Drag0nMaster

Jryrlr said :
Maybe this be better?

Dungeoneering from RS3 , but with multiple different Environments, E.G, Woods,Swamps,Caves etc can be very diverse same concept/Mechanics as old dungeoneering. Call it adventuring or something lol XD

It’s important to me that the skill incorporates existing content to make it useful. Why would anyone mine silver ore? It is worthless and bad exp. But what if you could use silver ore essence which could enchant a weapon to deal extra damage to vampires or undead? This would revive ‘dead content’ while making a lot more existing content a lot more useful.
„›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

28-Mar-2023 02:30:02

Drag0nMaster
Sep Member 2017

Drag0nMaster

That being said, I’m not opposed to new gameplay mechanics or shamanism/enchanting specific materials. I just don’t think that the enhancements should only be made from ‘natural resources’ specific to shamanism „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„ Member of OSRS Advice CC - QFC: 320-321-833-66263347 - Google Us! „›•*”ˆ”*•‹„

28-Mar-2023 02:34:06

Quick find code: 322-323-588-66277249 Back to Top