Forums

Rework Blessings

Quick find code: 322-323-193-66261945

BadassHero
Jan Member 2020

BadassHero

Posts: 391 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am proposing at 90 prayer a player can take a blessing to the respective altars within the GWD and upgrade their blessing to receive some additional bonuses. Blessing becomes untradeable.

Saradomin Blessing: +2 in all defense bonuses
Zamorak Blessing: +2 in all attack bonuses
Bandos Blessing: +2 melee Strength
Armadyl Blessing: +3 Range accuracy
Zaros Blessing: +3 Magic accuracy

Thankyou for your consideration.

08-Sep-2022 19:51:08

BadassHero
Jan Member 2020

BadassHero

Posts: 391 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Ancient and Armadyl god books don't give strength bonuses, so why should their blessings? Convince me so perhaps we can convince jagex. These posts are not just about what we want but also what we think jagex will allow. I don't see them giving range and mage str to current blessings.

16-Sep-2022 19:50:35

ShawnBW

ShawnBW

Posts: 1,070 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't mind this as long as Rada also receives something in equal measure. Rada 4 is far more difficult to obtain, takes far longer, and its greatest benefit for combat is, currently, that it has a higher prayer bonus than any of the blessings from clues that you've listed. With the noted additions, Rada 4 would be completely useless for combat purposes, whereas it's currently the best one to use, and rightfully so given the requirements, in combat situations outside of GWD.

Seeing as the blessings are so common from clues and have such a low value on GE, as long as Rada blessings aren't on the list, I can't support this. For Rada 4, I'd suggest allowing it to be brought to any of the altars and used for the same benefit, then allow it to be changed by going to the any of the others. Using Rada 4 on multiple wouldn't stack, however, it would simply swap its stats. Doing this would still grant current blessings a use for those who don't complete the diaries that are required for Rada, and the god blessings would still be useful within GWD for their given protections, which Rada doesn't supply. This would strike a good and fair balance, given how much a player must go through in order to receive Rada by comparison.

If that was also done, then you can throw me into the support. And, yes, I know Rada blessings also have other benefits, but not adding it to the upgrade list would still diminish its use and purpose, making it more of a lackluster reward, since it is currently the best-in-slot blessing when based on stats.

Rada 4:
https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Rada%27s_blessing_4

20-Nov-2022 20:47:38 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2022 20:51:48 by ShawnBW

Plonster
Dec Member 2019

Plonster

Posts: 1,452 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree with above post ^ and I also agree with your idea. It would be great to enhance these things that already exist in game to provide more than just a god wars safety or small prayer bonus. Clan Defy -
Rank [Smiter]

I make Combat Achievement Guides over on Youtube
@PlonsterOSRS

Also update over on Twitter
@PlonsterOSRS

27-Nov-2022 00:31:39

Quick find code: 322-323-193-66261945 Back to Top