Forums

Add Dungeoneering to OldSchool

Quick find code: 322-323-12-66285143

MaskedFellow
Jul Member 2023

MaskedFellow

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello to the friendly faces at Jagex Ltd,
Today I would like to suggest to you that the RuneScape 3 EoC skill Dungeoneering be added to 2007 Old School RuneScape as a skill/activity. I think that the Dungeoneering skill pretty much as is could fit right into Old School just like Pyramid Plunder and the Agility Pyramid, etc., and even the Grand Exchange fit right into both games with minimal differences and full functionality and gameplay optimized.
The Dungeoneering skill adds a lot of uniquely repeatable gameplay loop content that is great for Rs3 and would work great inside of Old School as well without much refinement.
This kind of experience is currently missing from OSRS. Obviously, the Corrupted Gauntlet is similar, but it is not offering the impressive gameplay loops of unique procedurally generated dungeons that were offered in RuneScape 3, which kept this activity immensely interesting and everlasting creative novelty, where the Corrupted Gauntlet does not offer this.
If this absolutely could not work (which it probably could) or wouldn't be happening, then perhaps I would suggest instead another skill or activity that provides a similar experience as Dungeoneering. In particular I mean the randomly generated gameplay looks that offer an experience each time that is hardly ever exactly the same as the last. No two dungeons seem alike and therefore this gameplay is always fresh and challenging as much as it is rewarding a skill to train.
Dungeoneering is a beloved skill to many players and it would be a much appreciated kind of experience in Old School RuneScape as much as it was already, and perhaps even loved much more than it was in RuneScape 3; if in Old School.
An everlasting gratitude, is an everlasting gain. - Faith in RC

12-Aug-2023 23:45:32

Fork in the2
Oct Member 2023

Fork in the2

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bump.

This is all my friends and I want. It doesn't have to be a skill, it doesn't have to have good drops, I don't even care if it gives xp. Dungeoneering made the non-combat skills have a useful setting. I t was the most fun my friends and I had in runescape back before rs3. We have an ironman group now and this would be the perfect minigame for group ironmen.

13-Oct-2023 00:06:38

Rishinger V

Rishinger V

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~!
Dungeoneering as a minigame? Sure, go for it!

Dungeoneering as a level 120 "skill"?
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I don't want to spend hundreds of hours constantly resetting this "skill" to grind the same 4 or 5 dungeons over and over again only to end up with 2 or 3 items that are overshadowed by every raid item that currently exists.

13-Oct-2023 16:27:45

Fork in the2
Oct Member 2023

Fork in the2

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like I said, I totally get the people going for max level not wanting it to be a skill, I could care less if it's a skill, I just thought it was fun. They could just make a multiplayer version of the gauntlet and that would be cool too, we just loved the "make your own stuff together" aspect of dungeoneering and think it would be really great for ironman groups or at least the more casual ones who don't expect to have everything 99 anytime soon lol

13-Oct-2023 16:54:45

Smol_Teacup
Oct Member 2023

Smol_Teacup

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is exactly what I want as a minigame for my Iron Man Group. An activity that would put a group in with nothing but the clothes on their back, where they have to use not just their combat skills but all skills to help each other, would be PERFECT for Group Iron Man.

It definitely wouldn't fit as a skill in OSRS, but as a minigame or activity of sorts, I think it would fit in perfectly as a nice break from the usual grind as a well as a way to show off your more esoteric non-combat skills you've leveled up. And even more so for an Iron Man Group. Even if the rewards were just the usual XP you got from using the skills themselves, it would be a fun way to level up some skills that isn't just the same old grind.

15-Oct-2023 18:57:38

Quick find code: 322-323-12-66285143 Back to Top