Forums

Trailblazer League feedback

Quick find code: 317-318-891-66292741

Mr Simpleton
Oct Member 2023

Mr Simpleton

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favorite gamemode is coming to an end and as always I enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for that. Since I pretty much did everything I set out to do, the final bit of enjoyment for me is reminiscing and sharing my thoughts here.

As usual we were faced with limitations (regions) and benefited from powerful abilities, boosted droprates, boosted minigame points and boosted xp. This is truly the essence of the League and I hope Jagex will bring these elements back next League.

So let's discuss the regions and relics, the good and the bad.

Regions:

The Desert, Morytania, Asgarnia and Zeah truly shined this league. These regions are great as they are.

Fremmenik came close to being a full-fledged region but is still missing some powerful endgame gear. Next time Fremennik should give access to the Myth's guild, perhaps by giving the ability to claim a Mythical cape at the Sage.

Kandarin has some very important pieces of content for both magic and melee and even the Anguish amulet is powerful for ranged but the region is just boring. This could be the starter region next time.

Tirannwn was underwhelming. It really only offers great content for rangers but the way the T4 relic worked, made the region obsolete. Next time the region could be boosted by giving it the Piscatoris hunter area with the Krakens and the trident of the seas. This would make it a viable stand alone region.

Finally the Wilderness is too limited in content to be a region on its own and the players know it. I suggest lumping it together with Misthalin next time if Kandarin is the starting area.

06-Jan-2024 22:14:36 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2024 22:34:57 by Mr Simpleton

Mr Simpleton
Oct Member 2023

Mr Simpleton

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Relics:

T1 was good in design, especially Trickster. Only Endless Harvest was a bit underwhelming.

T2 was also balanced and good in design. Adding the crystal of memory and the way it worked and developped throughout the league was a nice touch.

T3 was very exciting. This is truly what truly captured the essence of the League: powerful relics that shake the game upside down.

T4 was well balanced. I only hope next time the attack speed on weapons will work some other way so that 4-tick and 3-tick weapons become viable without hurting the 5,6, 7 and 8-tick weapons. Ranged was a bit monotonous because of that because even the rune crossbow beats BoFa, blowpipe and arguably even the Twisted bow. I also think the Tumeken's Shadow is too strong for mage. It is better than every other mage build or weapon in every situation. This is why the mage route seemed too boring to me to pick. Melee was fantastic and very versatile. You could go for a high defense Bullwark build and crush ToB and CoX or you could become a special attack master grind out ToA and Nex in no time. Slayer was a walk in the park with Berserker and Dharok and an obscure wepaon like the Leaf-bladed battleaxe became your best friend for a long time which was so much fun.

T5: Nothing special. I felt like Infernal Gathering didn't really belong there.

T6 was a mess. Farmer's Fortune was the weakest of the 3 but very fun. This is how relics typically should be designed: not just a way to speed up the skill but also adds cool mechanics. Equilibrium, while OP, was a terribly boring design. Please don't bring it back and don't add xp tasks beyond level 99. I hope for more creativity in that regard next time. Should be easy enough. Ruinous Power was a nice addition but felt out of place in T6.

T7: Berserker and Weapon Master were fantastic. Soul Stealer was too weak.

T8 was fantastic! Nothing to add here. Hope to see more creative stuff like that.

06-Jan-2024 22:32:34

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Leagues don't attract new players at all, and recycled content old players have played many times should only be cherry on the top as some very famous video game critic recommended to the OSRS team.

If there was a League 5, at least make it much shorter. Grinding 4-8 hours a day for 2 full months during the festive Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year season was just too big a torture, and non-starter for general consumers. Future Leagues (if applicable) should also be run with regular persistent MMORPG content that belong in this genre.

07-Jan-2024 18:08:03

Quick find code: 317-318-891-66292741 Back to Top