Forums

Player-run games.

Quick find code: 317-318-826-66275431

PancakeBunny
Jan Member 2022

PancakeBunny

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So player-run games of chance are against the rules, that is pretty evident. But are play/clan-run games against the rules if chance is not involved, but a prize is? 🤔Like what if you had a clan event where, at the end of the month, the one to turn in the most onions gets them all?

26-Feb-2023 04:33:13

Muzan-sama
Dec Member 2020

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
PancakeBunny

This is the rule specific to Games of Chance:

"
You must not advertise, organise, promote, or take part in any games of chance. Games of chance are games that depend more on luck than skill, they are mostly games that people bet on. For example, situations where in-game Gold (GP) or items are traded with the promise that you will receive additional in-game Gold (GP) or items in return, if you correctly guess the outcome or result of the game being offered.
"

As your game as you say is not run on chance, then this is not something that contravenes the rules. If however, the game is dependent on chance and a bet is made, then it may indeed infringe the rules. I would suggest reading through the Rules of RuneScape yourself and making a determination.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

26-Feb-2023 07:13:24

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you dont advertise it no one will ever know. Unless someone in your clan reports you. The game itself is a scam only the host benefits. Im always amazed how many people fall for player run games of chance...
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

27-Feb-2023 00:46:41

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,236 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PancakeBunny said :
So player-run games of chance are against the rules, that is pretty evident. But are play/clan-run games against the rules if chance is not involved, but a prize is? 🤔Like what if you had a clan event where, at the end of the month, the one to turn in the most onions gets them all?

if chance isnt involved then no, because its about player run games of chance
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

28-Feb-2023 00:23:58

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,198 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello PancakeBunny. Great name by the way. ;)

Years ago I did Clan events where I hosted boxing matchs in Player Owned House where I put up a prize or 2 as in GP or some items. Last 1 in the ring took it all.

So the way you are wanting to try Clan things seems fine and within the Rules. So you and your Clan should have no isses.

Have fun and good luck.
Comprehensive Account Security
I don’t suffer from insanity—I enjoy every minute of it. :P

28-Feb-2023 12:14:00

Quick find code: 317-318-826-66275431 Back to Top