Forums

Melee Magehunter

Quick find code: 317-318-738-66285566

Excalidus

Excalidus

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, folks! Fairly new to the game and although I believe I have a decend idea of how combat works, I'd rather ask of the opinions of the more experienced players :)

I am aware of the combat triangle and if what I understand is correct, what makes ech combat style stronger/weaker against the other two is determined by the armour type.

I love melee combat and I love killing Mages. However, the weakness of Mages in OSRS are the Rangers. If what I mentioned on the paragraph above is correct, does that mean I could play a Melee character wearing Ranged armour in order to get the defensive bonuses against Magic while keeping the offensive power of my melee weapon?

Am I thinking this the right way? Am I missing or misinterpreting something? What would be the negatives of such a build other than being weaker against other melee enemies? Anything else i should know or be aware of?

I appreciate your time to read and (possibly) reply! :)

20-Aug-2023 15:04:24

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The game does not require you to be a melee/range/mage character. You use what ever style suits you at that time. Some armor gives advantages to your melee attack or strength but most do not, so it does give some benefit to using range gear to protect against magic while meleeing. In times past, many people consider that cheating, but were told by jmods that it was not. Still for a long time, people insulting people for doing that. That was many moons ago though, so I do not even know if people complain about it now or just consider it a strategy. Just remember that it does make you weaker to melee or range than melee armor.

20-Aug-2023 19:56:22

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Excalidus said :
"does that mean I could play a Melee character wearing Ranged armour in order to get the defensive bonuses against Magic while keeping the offensive power of my melee weapon?"

So... Melee character in non-melee amor is bad. Apparently very, very bad. Interesting... for those who didn't play all Runescape franchise games since the introduction of the combat triangle.

Sorry! It doesn't work this way. We have hybrid armors with no weakness against other combat styles in the expense of no strength against other combat styles for that reason.

22-Aug-2023 16:21:52

Quick find code: 317-318-738-66285566 Back to Top