Forums

What new skill would you make?

Quick find code: 317-318-662-66279871

Veil Xe
Dec Member 2019

Veil Xe

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sup fellas,

Question as per the title, I always found it interesting hearing other peoples ideas of a brand new skill they'd introduce if they had the creative direction over it, let me know!

For me, I'd honestly love to see something like Necromancy. Probably one that'd be very hard to implement in the current game, but imagine you're on a Slayer Task, Bloodvelds or something. Having a high enough Necromancy level to bring a dead Bloodveld back to life to assist you for a temporary time before dying again, fun little idea.

10-May-2023 21:40:12

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mastercast3r said :
Smelting. We have almost everything in smithing from one of several metals, but if we learned how to do it, we could combine metals in new was to make stronger armor and weapons.

Better idea: rework smithing to be an actual relevant skill.

To answer TC, I would make Communing (Seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/zrk74s/new_skill_communing/ ) or Taming. OSRS suffers from "together but alone" syndrome where most content is solo but you can chat with people. Even if it's just an NPC I want more companions to actually play with me--pets that do nothing don't do it for me. (P.S. For some additional context, I played RS2 during summoning and I did not like the pack units, but thought the combat summons were fun, even if pretty underwhelming)

Ironically, despite Communing's shared aspects with Shamanism, I'm steadfastly against that skill.

11-May-2023 06:53:52

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Summoning. Its the only skill that was ever placed in Runescape well. It had good balance, it was actually USEFULL so it made training it worth it. I couldnt be bought with 2b cause you had to actually go and collect charms. It was WORTH training for yak/uni/and titans. And it was generally an enjoyable experience.

Every other skill sucked, but personally i would like no new skill in OSRS.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

12-May-2023 00:27:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't bite more than they can chew. They chose Sailing and couldn't even release it this year, and more like a long way from 2023 actually.

Sailing isn't what I like to see and what I chose, but since it was polled then I will go with Sailing for now, until it is either released or cancelled. By then, I will see what new skill makes more sense or actually I think perhaps no skill because players probably don't like grinding skills in a couple of years.

12-May-2023 16:49:32

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Don't bite more than they can chew. They chose Sailing and couldn't even release it this year, and more like a long way from 2023 actually.

LOL this guys not wrong. Apparently it takes 5 months + to release 1 grandmaster quest lololol.

Imagine if sailing was canceled though LOL.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! - ! REMOVE OSRS TAX !

12-May-2023 23:28:22

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,201 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After seeing OSRS's latest Navigation livestream, I don't want to make a new OSRS skill.

Sailing is absolutely a minigame extremely similar to Dungeoneering. Be prepared to buy leech from other playes sharing your ship. The ship has its own health and stat that you level up. It is exactly like we have separate stats from Dungeoneering and the main game.

Then Navigation mechanics is just what we have seen in the Dealy Catch quest and subsequently the Deadlier Catch achievement.

So my choice is Sailing will be the last "skill" I want to see in OSRS since they have already spent too much time on it. When the boat sank, that would be it. I don't want to make another minigame and grind stats and progression totally separated from other content.

16-May-2023 20:36:57

Quick find code: 317-318-662-66279871 Back to Top