Forums

OSRS SoulSplit Attitude

Quick find code: 317-318-513-66276072

Nik btw

Nik btw

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Guys,

so I just wanted to ask a thing or two about the attitude of the ruinous powers and SoulSplit.

At first I totally get, that it should not become THE prayerbook to go neither a copy of the rs3 one.

That being said, I dont understand why soulsplit should not be added into the game as a nerfed variant.

Nex and the Phantom Muspah use Wrath, deflection curses and soulsplit while claiming directly or indirectly (through the backgroundquests) that they are using the ruinous powers. While I see the deflection curses in some way added to the game I find it at first inconsistend and secondly unnostalgic that soulsplit will not be added. I mean when curses were added many ppl used soulsplit and it has a huge rs nostalgic feeling to me - I am aware though that this can just be me.

Still, I dont understand the absolute counterstand against it, for it could be nerfed and get well balanced into the game, the OSRS team proved more than once that they are capable of doing so.

For now, the Prayer book seems like a patchwork project to me where everyone is afraid of overpowering it and that makes me wonder if it will turn out inconsistent within the game lore (which many players sadly seem not to worry about too much, although its quite awesome) and maybe even not worth using much at all. I mean after all its a grandmaster reward and there would nothing be wrong with it to be SLIGHTLY better.

But whatever, I mainly wanted to adress the SoulSplit Topic and hear your thoughts about it.

Cheers!

08-Mar-2023 11:55:59

Quick find code: 317-318-513-66276072 Back to Top