Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is by far the best update of ALL time!!

It is a little bit different. You spend most of your time mining 'dense' essence, and then you run them a short distance to the dark altar to turn them into dark essence. Then you need to use the dark essence with a chisel to break them into shards. You usually do this while running back to the essence mine so you can mine a second inventory of essence. After finishing mining your second inventory, you run back to the dark altar to turn that inventory into dark essence. Then you teleport to edgeville and use the abyss as normal (using the blood or soul rift, whichever you have the level for).

-Each Dense essence block is turned into 4 essence shards. Shards stack so they only take up one inventory space
-You can only carry 108 (27 inventory spaces worth) shards.
-Shards are whats crafted into runes.
-So each time you use the abyss, you have a full stack of shards, and an inventory full of blocks, so you chisel your blocks into shards and essentially craft two inventories worth of runes each trip.
-In terms of time investment, I'd say 75% of your time is spent afk mining the essence to gain the blocks

So yeah, its fairly afk, but it still requires a lot more effort than Runespan does. Its also nice that things like AHK doesn't provide any sort of advantage over non-AHK usage. Abyss is also more efficient, so that still does provide some risk as well.

Also, I ended up naming of my characters on a final fantasy game ***u (... The bird from Lion king) because of you@!@! This censor is ridiculous :l.

20-Jan-2016 23:22:25 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2016 23:24:49 by Otter

Barcy

Barcy

Posts: 4,503 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Otter said :
-In terms of time investment, I'd say 75% of your time is spent afk mining the essence to gain the blocks
Thats ALOT more than you would be afk doing normal rc :L
*goes back to crying*
I could brag about my achievements down here, I just choose not to

21-Jan-2016 02:31:13

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We'll have to wait and see if theres a sharp increase of people achieving 99 RC, but I don't think its appealing enough that people who had no interest in training RC will suddenly be training it at least :P .

21-Jan-2016 05:02:29

Anger Alt
Mar Member 2023

Anger Alt

Posts: 16,548 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the details Otter, too bad I'm feeling incredibly lazy on RS lately and not gonna grind out any exp. :D

edit: the update for today says:

- When mining essence blocks in Great Kourend you will now need to switch between the two rocks occasionally.

I guess that reduces AFK time?

21-Jan-2016 12:06:24 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2016 12:20:46 by Anger Alt

King Awesome

King Awesome

Posts: 6,453 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MidniteLSX said :
need contact with a mod for major botting activity from one source. it is a major issue, if there is no one willing to help i'd be extremely disappointed in what this community has become. thanks. - Texas

There's a sticky to report account you suspect are bots. There's also a report button in the game for accounts you suspect are bots.

If you use one of those official channels, your report will arrive at the desk of the antibotting team, who will investigate and take appropriate action.

Other methods of reporting simply don't work, and here's why: Think of the sticky thread and the ingame report system as the email and telephone for the bot smashers. Because they monitor the telephone and email, they will see your message quickly. Posting on the forums is like writing a post-it note and sticking it on the front door at Jagex. If the wind doesn't blow it away, the janitor doesn't throw it in the trash, and somebody doesn't simply scribble on it, you may just find out employees actually use the side entrance and never see the front door at all.

22-Jan-2016 10:08:39

Andrew Vin
Oct Member 2022

Andrew Vin

Posts: 10,828 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MidniteLSX said :
need contact with a mod for major botting activity from one source. it is a major issue, if there is no one willing to help i'd be extremely disappointed in what this community has become. thanks. - Texas

YOUR LOCATION HAS BEEN NOTED. ANTI-BOTTING-STRIKE TEAM HAS BEEN DEPLOYED. ETA 3 MINUTES. CLEAR THE AREA WITHIN A TWO MILE RADIUS. JAGEX LTD. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OBTAINED DUE TO NOT LEAVING THE IMMEDIATE AREA. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

22-Jan-2016 16:10:14 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2016 16:10:41 by Andrew Vin

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top