Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Philphish said :
i just lost about 250m (in increments of 18m) cuz i didn't pay attention and notice that some guy logged out and logged back in with an account having same name/combat/etc. (only a was switched with e) but vastly superior stats

the whole time i was just like "gosh this is so weird he keeps getting insane luck!! must be his night :) "

i would like to know if this qualifies me for some sort of handicapped sticker that displays over my character's head at the duel arena

i'll probably also need extra time on any tests given by quests or random events

Ouch, among other reasons I've never returned to the Duel Arena after losing some chump change like 5-7 years ago. I lost tons of rs gps today though, tried to buy up elys cheaper but ended up digging myself into a hole for big losses. Sometimes I make a lot, other times it is painful.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

18-May-2015 23:16:11

jon j rambo

jon j rambo

Posts: 412 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilson said :
Philphish said :
i just lost about 250m (in increments of 18m) cuz i didn't pay attention and notice that some guy logged out and logged back in with an account having same name/combat/etc. (only a was switched with e) but vastly superior stats

the whole time i was just like "gosh this is so weird he keeps getting insane luck!! must be his night :) "

i would like to know if this qualifies me for some sort of handicapped sticker that displays over my character's head at the duel arena

i'll probably also need extra time on any tests given by quests or random events

Ouch, among other reasons I've never returned to the Duel Arena after losing some chump change like 5-7 years ago. I lost tons of rs gps today though, tried to buy up elys cheaper but ended up digging myself into a hole for big losses. Sometimes I make a lot, other times it is painful.

Awh, that's unfortunate. I hope you make it back.
Old School Runescape
|
Pure Lover
|
Quest Lover
|
Forum Geek
|
Turtle Lover

19-May-2015 04:13:56

Mini Aurelia

Mini Aurelia

Posts: 3,815 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anger Alt said :
My last (and first on Old School) trip to the duel arena resulted in me losing 7 stakes in a row. Never went back again :D

The first time I went to the duel arena in OSRS, I won 7 stakes in a row. Unfortunately, I only staked in 10M increments.

50/50 odds are not worth it though in my opinion.

19-May-2015 11:42:06

Icekool17Ace

Icekool17Ace

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place..but 1st time using the forum...

I used to play years ago, and decided to get back playing quite randomly. However, I've noticed that whilst it's remembered quite a lot of my characters equipment (used to be a member and have lots of random stuff in the bank)...it seems to have forgotten a lot of the skill levels. For example, I could wear all rune armour, and wield all the weapons. However, after going through some of the free quests (to get a feel for things again), once I took stuff off, I found I couldn't put them back on again, citing that I need to be level x to wear this.
So, I'm pretty sure that I was forever working on my attack, strength and constitution, and was at least in the mid 60's for all...but now I'm back to level 22 for strength, and 40 for attack (& 36 Con). Countless other things seem way down too...but these are more provable aspects (in that I had the armour /weapons and was wearing them before).

So having read the FAQ, it does kinda say for the Old school, everything gets reset...but that's obviously not the case (else I'd have no items and be at lvl 1).
Oh, and just to make matters worse, they re-allocated my name. So I have to add Ace onto it now.

So, is there a better explanation, or do I raise a support ticket?

19-May-2015 16:00:26

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top