Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Saxo
Mar Member 2020

Saxo

Posts: 7,687 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Jagex truly are a one hit wonder
I actually enjoyed Funorb, thought it was pretty good and it was fairly active until Jagex completely dropped all support for it and just let it die out. Shame, I really wish they'd revive it.

But yeah, I think that's the only "game" of theirs that has had even a tiny bit of success other than RS for the short time it lived.

I think part of the reason their other games fail is because they do it just for a quick cash grab, *U was trying to jump on the moba hype that league has built up but you could tell it was just a quick cash grab and there was no passion put into developing the game. They simply didn't care and their goal was to get some quick cash, not build an actual good game that can compete with other games in the genre, and that's where they went wrong. This looks to be the same for their card game aswell trying to get a whiff of Heathstones success.

18-Dec-2014 05:03:19 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2014 05:11:25 by Saxo

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saxo said :
ScapeRune said :
Jagex truly are a one hit wonder
I actually enjoyed Funorb, thought it was pretty good and it was fairly active until Jagex completely dropped all support for it and just let it die out. Shame, I really wish they'd revive it.

But yeah, I think that's the only "game" of theirs that has had even a tiny bit of success other than RS for the short time it lived.

I think part of the reason their other games fail is because they do it just for a quick cash grab, *U was trying to jump on the moba hype that league has built up but you could tell it was just a quick cash grab and there was no passion put into developing the game. They simply didn't care and their goal was to get some quick cash, not build an actual good game that can compete with other games in the genre, and that's where they went wrong. This looks to be the same for their card game aswell trying to get a whiff of Heathstones success.

Often imitated, never duplicated.

18-Dec-2014 05:14:17

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top