Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I was going for Mole pet, I just brought proselyte armor, hasta and SGS. I didn't bring Stamina potions or Prayer pots or even food, and walked a lot of the time. Flicked protected melee and piety, SGS spec to regain health/prayer if needed. Reason being I didn't want to spend much money during the kills and it made killing it a lot less click-intensive (I was browsing forums during kills).

It is dangerous to start because once you do, you'll feel like you can't stop until you get the pet. :p Luckily I got mine rather early on (592 kills in) so it wasn't a problem. Took about a week or so.

04-Nov-2014 22:41:19

Threat
Sep Member 2020

Threat

Posts: 10,054 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah you don't need SGS. A prayer pot or two and some food would be enough.

Apparently the mole is weaker to stab attacks which is why I chose hasta, but if you don't have one a whip would work too.

Dharoking with low HP is a good method but it requires you to constantly check up on your health to keep lowering it / make sure you don't attack him unprotected. Too stressful for my liking, so I opted out of that method.

You still make decent money regardless of your method chosen, assuming you exchange the guarenteed mole claw / skin drops for nests and either sell them crushed or make sara brews and sell. If you haven't tried to mole yet you may as well try killing it a few times just to see if you get really lucky. :P

I got the KQ pet on my 4th kill ever, so it's possible.

EDIT: I meant it's not very click-intensive because the majority of the time you spend in the cave is not attacking the mole... it's walking/running between his spawns trying to locate him. The time spent flicking prayers while attacking is negligible imo. You only get a good 2-3 attacks, sometimes only 1, once he starts digging around (which occurs once you get him below 50% health).

EDIT 2: Actually, it's been a while since I killed the mole, so I recalled incorrectly. I didn't need to flick prayers because I could just SGS spec it back up since the spec bar would always replenish while waiting for the mole to spawn :)

05-Nov-2014 01:20:30 - Last edited on 05-Nov-2014 03:47:06 by Threat

Andrew Vin
Oct Member 2022

Andrew Vin

Posts: 10,828 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
My advice: don't.

Norne said :

Norne said :

Norne said :

Norne said :

^^^ Stopped killing it after 1.2k kills. You might get lucky, you might not. But after talking to someone who killed it 1.9k times, I realized there's no point. :L

Get a chaos elemental pet if you don't have one already, they have a reasonable drop rate.

But if you decide to kill the mole, here's how I did it. I use full DH as well as DDS. I did not use stamina pots. I tried to keep attack/str boosted at all times. I banked about half of the claws/hides. Ended up with a few mill worth of nests afterwards.

05-Nov-2014 03:11:24

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top