Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Threat said :
Your health remains when you leave.

Interesting, I figured they'd just copy (the concepts not the code) of the rs3 one. In rs3 you are returned to either the hp you had upon entering or the current hp you have - whichever is highest. In any case, that's why they have the poison removal there.

Evil Oak said :
Might have been thinking about Clan Wars perhaps?

No, I was not.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

24-Aug-2014 16:42:43

ThePresident

ThePresident

Posts: 973 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
Threat said :
Why does entering and leaving a POH cure poison?

To prevent lures. One of the tricks from the bad ole days was to host a house party, invite people to the house party, kill them a few times. The next stunt was to reduce the hp significantly (10hp or less best case) poison them and boot them from the house. They'd leave at 10hp, rarely have an antipoison or if timed right enter there poh (if indeed it was there) and thus die. No gravestones so all the stuff fell on the ground too.

Same reason if you leave a house at reduced hp it returns.

Ah, I had no idea this feature existed. Although, it makes sense.
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh ( The Legend of Korra )

24-Aug-2014 16:43:38

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ya, one of the reasons construction wasn't trainable at the beginning of OSRS was due to the significant level of bugs and glitches involved with it. I'd estimate that for at least year it was the single most popular lure because it was simple, effective and not all that obvious. This was also during the time when house party's were popular. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

24-Aug-2014 16:49:17

Florina

Florina

Posts: 3,083 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ownage Omg said :
^ I wish we had a Falador Massacre #2 when OSRS came out due to these glitches lol. :P

That glitch was already fixed by 2007, in fact I believe Ash himself fixed it the night it happen (Technically happen 07/06/06 not 06/06/06 for England) so that wouldn't be present. The lures involved using game mechanics to ***** people, not really glitchs. After all why should a POH randomly heal you? Well it was discovered that it should do so because ******** used it to cheat you out of goods.

Ironically had it not been fixed by 2008 it would cease to have been an issue until 2011.

25-Aug-2014 02:15:20

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Norne said :
Threat said :
Why does entering and leaving a POH cure poison?

To prevent lures. One of the tricks from the bad ole days was to host a house party, invite people to the house party, kill them a few times. The next stunt was to reduce the hp significantly (10hp or less best case) poison them and boot them from the house. They'd leave at 10hp, rarely have an antipoison or if timed right enter there poh (if indeed it was there) and thus die. No gravestones so all the stuff fell on the ground too.

Same reason if you leave a house at reduced hp it returns.

This chat is full of valuable information :) is this true for all the runescape worlds?

What a great chat thread :)

25-Aug-2014 04:00:33

Lady Deluxe

Lady Deluxe

Posts: 44,440 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Florina said :
Ownage Omg said :
^ I wish we had a Falador Massacre #2 when OSRS came out due to these glitches lol. :P

That glitch was already fixed by 2007, in fact I believe Ash himself fixed it the night it happen (Technically happen 07/06/06 not 06/06/06 for England) so that wouldn't be present. The lures involved using game mechanics to ***** people, not really glitchs. After all why should a POH randomly heal you? Well it was discovered that it should do so because ******** used it to cheat you out of goods.

Ironically had it not been fixed by 2008 it would cease to have been an issue until 2011.

I'm so pleased I wasn't apart of this. I would of cried if I lost anything valuable ^_^

25-Aug-2014 04:02:34

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top