Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Posts: 33,509 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heritage said :
I honestly never cared about skills, only when they benefit PvM and PvP. I will simply get 70 everything and perhaps some others higher, like farming, that's one of the few skills I enjoy.

With acheivement diaries hopefully there'll be some more reason to train skills, they defo makes things more interesting :)
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

23-Aug-2014 12:13:05

Mini Aurelia

Mini Aurelia

Posts: 3,815 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I already did Carue, though it took me longer than it should have. Post max feels somewhat dull by comparison, but I like the flexibility of being able to train whatever I want while still progressing towards my goals.

I'm sure you'll get there Blessing, having Rc almost done is a major step towards it.

I really want achievement diaries as well. Rewards with multiple high skill requirements encourage people to skill, which is healthy for the game imo.

23-Aug-2014 12:13:17 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2014 12:14:26 by Mini Aurelia

Heritage
Aug Member 2013

Heritage

Posts: 14,598 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Heritage said :
I honestly never cared about skills, only when they benefit PvM and PvP. I will simply get 70 everything and perhaps some others higher, like farming, that's one of the few skills I enjoy.

With acheivement diaries hopefully there'll be some more reason to train skills, they defo makes things more interesting :)

It's not about reasons, I just don't enjoy it. I rarely find them somewhat interesting to do.

23-Aug-2014 12:14:52

Blessing

Blessing

Posts: 2,587 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mini Aurelia said :
I already did Carue, though it took me longer than it should have. Post max feels somewhat dull by comparison, but I like the flexibility of being able to train whatever I want while still progressing towards my goals.

I'm sure you'll get there Blessing, having Rc almost done is a major step towards it.

I have the same feeling in rs3 too, only thing i do now is to keep up with the comp cape reqs and possibly some pvming, and thank you :)

23-Aug-2014 12:15:54

Mini Aurelia

Mini Aurelia

Posts: 3,815 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the general lack of high level skilling content puts people off skilling. Only a handful of skills have something meaningful unlocked at 85+ (runite ore and double natures are the two that come to mind). Most other skills are only trained to 99 for the cape/progress towards max.

I think the team will slowly fill those gaps though.

23-Aug-2014 12:17:07 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2014 12:17:39 by Mini Aurelia

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Heritage said :
ScapeRune said :
Heritage said :

It's not about reasons, I just don't enjoy it. I rarely find them somewhat interesting to do.

I find most skills are fun for a little bit, just not for too long at a time and achievement diaries just give you small goals for each skill with an actualy useful reward at the end. I still need to get them shilo hard gloves sould make using duradel soooo much easier
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

23-Aug-2014 12:17:41

ScapeRune
Nov Member 2022

ScapeRune

Mini Aurelia said :
I think the general lack of high level skilling content puts people off skilling. Only a handful of skills have something meaningful unlocked at 85+ (runite ore and double natures are the two that come to mind). Most other skills are only trained to 99 for the cape/progress towards max.

I think the team will slowly fill those gaps though.

I think the difficulty with adding high level skilling content is that you can't really add anything too useful to skilling because unlike combat there's no risk involved and anything, even with a level 99 req will just be farmed. But yea, even so, there's still plenty that could be added. I'd really love a new agility shortcut at every single agility level.
Cabbage? CABBAGE!

23-Aug-2014 12:19:56

Blessing

Blessing

Posts: 2,587 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ScapeRune said :
Heritage said :
ScapeRune said :
Heritage said :

I find most skills are fun for a little bit, just not for too long at a time and achievement diaries just give you small goals for each skill with an actualy useful reward at the end. I still need to get them shilo hard gloves sould make using duradel soooo much easier

use npc contact ;)

23-Aug-2014 12:20:00

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top