Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

TomTheFBeast

TomTheFBeast

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am curious on who came up with the idea that we should do a 75% benchmark for polls because say 26% people say no that means by not enforcing that poll because your off by 1% you just ****** off 3/4's of your gaming community compared to the 26% even though the majority of the people who say no are trolls. The majority of the people who say no do that for all polls regardless if its good for the game or bad it really frustrates me and I think that jagex should lower the benchmark, or add things that are going to help osrs no matter what like corp beast. There shouldn't be a poll for it its obviously only going to be good for the game. They have gone overboard by enforcing the poll system 100%.

P.S. Just posting this as a vent I highly doubt even if a Jagex member sees this nothing will change.

14-Aug-2014 10:05:56

Heritage
Aug Member 2013

Heritage

Posts: 14,598 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TomTheFBeast said :
Snip

You might find this interesting:

Not going ahead with an update isn't indicative of our support for the minority vote; it's standard practice to always put a benchmark that requires a super majority to be in favour of what's on offer. As mentioned by Bong*illa, it alleviates any concerns we may have if the update is considered controversial.

Using EoC as both an example and in this hypothetical situation, because it's apparent there are a lot of players engaged in OSRS because of the historic combat system. If there had been a vote for EoC originally that required 51% to pass, there would of been at least 49% of the game community against the idea and that would would be very damaging for the game. The belief that players will 'quit' if an update doesn't come is non-existent, we have stats to prove this simply doesn't happen, so we have little to no concern with this. Players do quit if there is an update that radically changes their gameplay. Having a super majority in favour of an update gives us the confidence that the update will please the majority and make us aware of the numbers who're against the idea.

To clarify, the benchmark was selected by the OSRS team. The investors within Jagex have/had no influence in the decision to have this super-majority benchmark. We chose it ourselves because we wanted to be sure that updates that went into the game were actually wanted and supported by the community.

This was said by Reach.

14-Aug-2014 11:35:29

Wilson

Wilson

Posts: 14,939 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't even realize I missed the last poll till updates came. Think I have like 5k torstols I bought like a year ago in bank so lil profit there, oh well.
@WilsonMagna

OSRS Maxed - Sara Solo Record Holder

14-Aug-2014 13:42:47

The contents of this message have been hidden.

14-Aug-2014 15:41:21

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top