Forums

Old School General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311

Lowerniel

Lowerniel

Posts: 3,908 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
550811 said :
y did they change it so that the account i spent 3 years playing is not no use to me since i do not like the new runescape and perfer the old one, and y wouldnt they allow me to move my account back to the old way

Because RS3 (the new version) got polluted with free XP, so it made no sense to allow a stat-transfer when people can gain XP on RS3 3x as fast as on OSRS.

11-Aug-2014 14:11:49

Mod Ronan

Mod Ronan

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
550811 said :
y did they change it so that the account i spent 3 years playing is not no use to me since i do not like the new runescape and perfer the old one, and y wouldnt they allow me to move my account back to the old way

The experience rates are significantly higher in RuneScape 3, if we were to allow people to transfer their stats it would massively devalue any sort of training done in Old School.
@JagexRonan

11-Aug-2014 17:22:10

Joey743

Joey743

Posts: 81 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know, people keep whining about "this poll is failing, we need this and that, this game is going to die", but really, there isn't anything wrong with this game. Just go try to play RS3, be glad you don't have that kind of mess for a game.

11-Aug-2014 20:40:47

Heritage
Aug Member 2013

Heritage

Posts: 14,598 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I play it, but it's so terrible. Not only because of the microtransactions and EoC, but also because of the community. I joined 3 different ''PvM'' based clans and I can't even get teams going. It's all about skills there, which is absolutely terrible. I hope we will never see this on OSRS.

11-Aug-2014 20:46:33

Tromosthus
Feb Member 2020

Tromosthus

Posts: 809 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Imm.

My involvement with RS3 is limited to ports and a divine location for hunter. That is about it. I probably log in maybe once a week. I tried it again with Legacy, but it is at such a disadvantage to EOC, while still being too easy (translation: EOC makes the game effortless).

I will admit that I know nothing about the new bosses that were created with EOC in mind. They could very well be fun and engaging.

11-Aug-2014 21:40:51

Quick find code: 317-318-503-65438311 Back to Top