Forums

Desert Treasure 2

Quick find code: 317-318-430-66292758

Dafticon
Dec Member 2023

Dafticon

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Long time player, not here to complain or start anything that hasn't been talked about before..

I'm a casual player that hops on for an hour or two maybe a night, I understand the mechanics of the game and I'm not afraid of a little challenge, but I think I'll actually never be able to wear my quest cape again due to this quests extreme, and I mean extreme, difficulty and expense. It would be different if I could practice a bunch for each boss without paying 4m for my gear every time I die, but that is not the case. Every other quest takes the boss down a few notches so the 'casual' player can complete it and enjoy the rewards. Who cares what happens after the quest, make it as difficult as you want, but during the quest it should at least be doable for the average person.

Also, I don't need a bunch of players that play 12 hours daily commenting on this post telling me that it's a skill issue, etc. I have a few friends that also cannot complete it, good for you, you are better at the game and you play much more, that doesn't mean casual players should be punished due to the lack of skill.

If there is something added or taken away in the future to make the quest easier that would be nice to know, if not, well, I might as well stop going for max since I'll never be able to get the trimmed capes, or wear the quest cape in general. Thanks for the read and I really hope someone considers doing something about this.

06-Jan-2024 05:03:54

John Rambo
Dec Member 2021

John Rambo

Posts: 4,899 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My advice would be to watch some guides and watch livestreams/videos of people doing kills. The bosses can be daunting and frustrating at first, but one you get them down they really aren't that bad. I hated vardorvis, but it's probably my favorite boss now. I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!

08-Jan-2024 02:52:04

Sanotsuto
Mar Member 2014

Sanotsuto

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm definitely what you'd refer to as casual. I get a couple hours in tops when I play, not a lot of free time between job, exercise and homeownership. I never had to pay 4m every time I died, not sure what you're geared in that causes that. I did every boss in this quest with 2nd, 3rd, or 4th BIS gear, maybe 100k or 200k when I died to recover. I also carried teletabs to panic click if I missed too many prayers. I'd suggest watching some guide videos and just taking it easy and enjoying the challenge instead of trying to force through it fast, it'll reduce your stress level and you'll get that QPC back before you know it.

09-Jan-2024 01:25:31

Bruce Waayne
Oct Member 2023

Bruce Waayne

Posts: 4,667 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If i can kill them u can kill them cause i suck, i cant tick, i cant click unrealistically fast like this game demands i usually wind up eating alot of damage. Granted i havent killed the whisperer yet cause lets be honest there is no point to doing DT 2 as it has no rewards and is a 100% waste of time so ive been working on other things.

1. Varv the vine guy, i just watched for his attack where you swap to range prayer i just stayed on the prayer screen and i dont even think i need to heal, just avoid the cross axes avoid the thorns from the ground and swap that prayer.

2. The leviathan was kinda tricky i still dont know how to avoid his special i just had to take damage and heal, when his attacking gets obnoxiously fast you just freeze him i think to stun him then run behind, but keep in mind he will do a spec after this so yeah i only had to stun him once and i was able to kill him.

3. Duke is the easiest, you just hide behind those pillars when he does that one attack, if it wasnt for the chore of making that bomb stuff i would farm him.

4. Ive only tried whisperer once.

I found the last boss for d slayer 2 to be a pain and didnt think i would complete it but i did, just takes practice. I would just 3 item it with some food if your worried about money until you have their patterns down and whatnot.

PS. I do agree with you jagex should not make quest bosses so demanding for the more casual player, but im more salty that theres no rewards for DT 2 one of the hardest quests in the game.
OSRS - Filled with harassers sad...~
- Give me Private Hiscores this should not be public information! Goodbye Forumers its been fun.

10-Jan-2024 17:42:36 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2024 17:43:26 by Bruce Waayne

Quick find code: 317-318-430-66292758 Back to Top