Forums

A false ban on clan mate Thread is locked

Quick find code: 317-318-319-66286184

Mr_Redd
Feb Member 2023

Mr_Redd

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It has come to my clans attention that runescape moderators have falsely banned play Anc Naberius. I would jmodders to please re-look into this. This man is always talking in chat when doing anything. He did the new dt2 bosses for 8 hours and has been banned for "macroing/botting" if the jmods could please re-evaluate this, it would be greatly appreciated. This man has put in so much time and effort into his account. We have kicked a few members for botting and rwt, I know this is some kind of mistake towards Anc Naberius. Mistakes happen. Please. It's only fair, this man does not, has not and I know will never bot.

Thank you for the jmods who read this thread <3

31-Aug-2023 00:22:22

Mahanimal
Feb Member 2023

Mahanimal

Posts: 143 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
+1 on this - the system is flawed and the automated system definitely overlooked this guy. He’s very active in the clan and community and is always giving back. Jagex needs to do something about this, we were all talking with him while he was killing these bosses….

31-Aug-2023 03:40:43

SteadyGrind
Jan Member 2023

SteadyGrind

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, please look into this ban, and I’m sure you will find that no rules were broken. I trust his word and he is a prominent member of our clan and playing without him would be detrimental to my overall game experience. If this isn’t even looked at or investigated, that will further erode my trust in Jagex’s system. No one should be perm banned without a warning or even a follow up. So many hours are put into this game, and a perm ban just destroys all the love sweat and tears we put in, and if we are all at risk of random bans then I would beg the question of if it is even worth playing. A perm ban is far too harsh of a punishment for any account to begin with, with some exceptions of course, but especially when it is done to a prominent member of the community that has done nothing wrong. This guy is not a cheater in any way, and the fact a random ban can happen to him makes me scared for my own account. I play for atleast 6 hours a day. I don’t want to be banned for “Macroing,” or “Botting,” either. I wonder why Jagex does this anyway when their player base is small and niche to begin with. The only accounts that should be banned are legit bots and scammers, which does not seem like Jagex’s priority. Real players putting in real hours everyday do not deserve this type of punishment, and I’m sure it doesn’t do anything but lower the real player count overall, which is probably not beneficial to Jagex. Also, instead of just being limited to typing out a small message to appeal bans, how about you have an actual hotline with real people to talk to. You cannot explain yourself properly or defend yourself against “evidence,” that you may have that way. And may I also suggest letting us know what “evidence,” you have and maybe it can be explained instead of just assumed. Thanks for reading, I hope this problem can be figured out soon and the overall punishment system can get reworked to something more transparent and fair and not as hard on real players.

31-Aug-2023 04:06:54

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,643 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For information on bans, what types may be appealed and how to appeal them, please see the Appeal an offence page in the Support Centre.

This thread is locked as the Forums may not be used to appeal or protest account bans, and you cannot appeal on behalf of another player. The appeal needs to go through the proper channel ( Appeal an offence ) submitted by the affected player.

Additional information may be found in the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky in the Community Led Account Help Forum .
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

31-Aug-2023 04:54:50

Quick find code: 317-318-319-66286184 Back to Top