Forums

Crown of loyalty - Question

Quick find code: 309-310-923-65843471

Nixby
Oct Member 2021

Nixby

Posts: 197 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Say someone purchases 5 years of membership upfront would they receive the 5 year crown that day or 5 years from that day. I'm a little upset with myself I kept my membership going when I quit playing then I got a new card and forgot about it and caused a break. I'd be in or around 4 years now but instead I'm at 7 months now which kinda sucks. Really like the 4 and 5 year crowns.

12-Mar-2017 22:02:04

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nixby said :
Say someone purchases 5 years of membership upfront would they receive the 5 year crown that day or 5 years from that day. I'm a little upset with myself I kept my membership going when I quit playing then I got a new card and forgot about it and caused a break. I'd be in or around 4 years now but instead I'm at 7 months now which kinda sucks. Really like the 4 and 5 year crowns.

It only makes sense that they're rewarded with the crown 5 years after buying the 5 years of membership; if it was given immediately upon buying the 5 years of membership, and you played for a year and then quit forever, were you really loyal in the end? Not IMO.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

12-Mar-2017 22:07:06

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
Nixby said :

It only makes sense that they're rewarded with the crown 5 years after buying the 5 years of membership; if it was given immediately upon buying the 5 years of membership, and you played for a year and then quit forever, were you really loyal in the end? Not IMO.
This.

13-Mar-2017 17:59:46

Nixby
Oct Member 2021

Nixby

Posts: 197 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
Nixby said :

With this logic you should not receive a crown if you're paying for membership every month for 5 years but taking breaks from gameplay in between. I get the point you're trying to make but there's flaws to that logic.

Not really looking for a debate or opinions on how it should be to be honest. Just curious how the system currently works, looking for an official answer as I've looked through the forums and wiki and couldn't find one.

13-Mar-2017 20:21:53 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2017 20:22:28 by Nixby

Quick find code: 309-310-923-65843471 Back to Top