Forums

PS Blog - Account Security

Quick find code: 294-295-395-66107508

Skod River
Nov Member 2009

Skod River

Posts: 7,701 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WIK I said :
hey mod poerkie i have a question what about does accout who got hacket and perm ban i mean i had an account cast bob that got hacket and one day i recover it back its was perm ban would you help it out i Think that acc got perm ban for no reson sorry for my English :/ plz help me out ?

I would log into the website on that banned account , and then head to Account (Top right corner of this page) , then login again and see what the offence are about your Perm Ban.

When you have done that and know what offence there got applied to your account , then would i suggest you to look into this Article :

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002238729-Account-Bans

Read it all on that page to the end and if your offence are NOT one of those listed on that page as NO appeal , then use the appeal.

If you have more question and such , then please make a thread in Community led Account help.

Good Luck.
Clan : Order Of Adventurers

FriendsChat : Ooa team

02-Jul-2019 15:33:20

IronMayDie

IronMayDie

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I need help from a JMod.
My account has a 2-step authenticator.
I factory reset my phone not thinking about if I knew the password to my email. Now my email is locked and it requires me to use the Authenticator for me to log into my account. Because I reset my phone it deleted the authenticator link to my Runescape accounts.

I applied for an appeal but did not realise that, out of habit , I put the email that got locked.

How long does it usually take to hear back from the Account Security Department?

03-Jul-2019 15:31:15

Holo Queen

Holo Queen

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A problem I've had was an old account that was tied to a now defunct email address. I'm able to login to play just fine, but I didn't want to risk spending too much time on it in case it ever gets hacked and I can't get it back cos my email no longer exists (domain cancelled).

I've tried the support forms that keeps telling me to recover the account/password. Well, I don't have a problem with the password, I just need to change the email address. And the questions from 10 years ago, who remembers them? Is there any way you can solve this problem? I've seen from reddit that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Maybe you can do an IP check for country IP, old recovery questions (I don't remember the questions, but I should know the answers), idk what else is unique and rememberable after 10 years.

05-Jul-2019 12:20:05

Kels
Feb Member 2023

Kels

Posts: 1,278 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Holo Queen said :
Well, I don't have a problem with the password, I just need to change the email address.

I believe if you click "Account" on the main page, top right banner, it will ask you to sign in and from there you will be able to see a list of links, one being "Email and communication preferences" where you should be able to change it.
Kels
:) |
Comprehensive Account Security
guide, and means for
kicking that hijacker
^_^

07-Jul-2019 09:10:35

Keaza
Aug Member 2023

Keaza

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom of Kent said :
I'm all for increased security.

About account recovery: I've two accounts, both are over 10 years old and I have no Idea about any of the specifics. I doubt if I could satisfy the current standard to reclaim hijacked accounts, let alone increased security there.

Please come up with a way to assure that I can recover a hijacked account without needing to know how and where I created the account.

I agree with you,

I have a 10+ year old account but lost it years ago and by the current standard it's near impossible for me to recover it.

That aside, I like the new pushes towards increased security!
I got ninety-nine problems but a ninety-nine ain't one

21-Aug-2019 22:52:28

Diddle_Bean
Dec Member 2023

Diddle_Bean

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I’ve been hacked. A member player with a blue star tricked me and told me to go a RuneScape forum from a YouTube video. I login and comment and when i do he will give me 100 mill. I did and went to switch worlds and couldn’t log in. He is on YouTube commenting back saying i need to give him my pin or he will continue to bot the account. My account is gone with 4.1 bil with it.

24-Jan-2024 07:23:46

Quick find code: 294-295-395-66107508 Back to Top