Forums

10 Year Veteran Cape

Quick find code: 294-295-36-63884356

oxSTICKxo

oxSTICKxo

Posts: 1,189 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is so ***... I am a original classic player, member since 2005.. but apparently i cant get it for 582 more days?.. j mod, if i can give u the name of my first ever account.. any way we can transfer it over to this?

17-Jul-2012 13:08:44

Hinyness

Hinyness

Posts: 1,312 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It says i have 160 days before i can claim it. I don't remember that classic came out in 02. I also saw the emote and stats and here is my review:
The cape is more orange than red. The lines and shapes on the cape are too messy and random. The emote is just i repeat JUST a golden "X" that crumbles to dust.
The cape itself is also way too small, so it does not even catch the eye of other players. There are no particle effects, no customizable options to make the cape individual to the player. Even the stats are the same as the 5 year cape. The cape is also too small, i mean look at the max cape and see how its size compares to the "X" cape.
I believe to think that this cape was hardly developed or put thought into since this cape has NOTHING to offer in any positive way. What player would be motivated to get this cosmetic cape when there exist better and easier to get cosmetic capes that actually offer more individuality like the lumbridge herald cape.
With this being said i consider this cape to be a big flop, because it could have been done way better when you would waste less time on temporary content and deal more with permanent/long lasting content. In my opinion this "X" cape is just the "V" cape with graffiti on it and a slightly less impressive emote.
Im not going to mention improvements on this post. I have a thread that i created 2 weeks ago suggesting ideas for the "X" cape (I had to re-post the thread on july 14). Here's my thread if you want player suggested ideas:16-17-817-63876818
Jagex hopefully you consider this.

17-Jul-2012 13:11:52 - Last edited on 17-Jul-2012 13:13:22 by Hinyness

Macka
Oct Member 2010

Macka

Posts: 4,318 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm so disappointed.
Something I supported so much has just screwed me over telling me I'm a 2003 vet when I'm obviously not?!
My physique is a product of my mindset

Macka#7877
-
Taiwanese Aussie Physique Bodybuilder

17-Jul-2012 13:14:28

Eromino

Eromino

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well i like to say this is a left punch in the face by jagex
for any free to play player that has been playing for 10 years.
this show's yet again that runescape isn't there for their free to play
player's base. this is proof we just got here.
Thank you very much jagex
now don't expect to win people with this to play longer
you just ruined it for over 5 million people that have been
playing for 10 long years supporting your game.

17-Jul-2012 13:14:52

Quick find code: 294-295-36-63884356 Back to Top