Forums

EoC: Melee

Quick find code: 294-295-141-64192564

Dddestroy1

Dddestroy1

Posts: 521 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
um whats happened to ruescape? I was a member around 3 months ago and it was all good and i was excited about the new changes. Ive just logged back on and fighting a lesser demon and WTF?!!! Lessers are now att me with magic and my battle is so freeking slow. What has happened and why?

17-Dec-2012 22:55:12

Metknight

Metknight

Posts: 596 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EDU, Got it and agree with the updates. Again as I have previously posted you have removed the competition piece between players when it comes to combat rating. More specifically melee. As I carry a rubber chicken one of the old guys :) I have seen many variations of the game. Now it seems if a lower level player reaches 99 defense and attack then they are maxed out for combat level at 200. Before it was few 99's and then 138's running around now everyone is a 200. It used to be a goal to achieve. Now it is pointless it seems. I was wandering if you planned on realigning the combat rating. You have combat skills for a reason they should be reincorporated in the overall combat total to set players apart and give them a goal. Do not overlook the competition between players when it comes to their rating. It drives lower levels to play continuous to achieve this. Defense/ strength/ attack/ constitution- seems like at 99 that would be 396 total. Of course those are the basics. Range/ Magic and prayer are stand alone. Jus* saying. Thanks

19-Dec-2012 11:36:56

Metknight

Metknight

With the EOC updates: A lot of players/ members have expressed themselves the way I guess they see fit. Some more umm well mannered than others. Here is the deal people are not subject for change. Especially when the change is forced. It doesn't matter if your upset or if you threaten ending your membership. Change has occurred. I agree with some of it and dislike other parts of it. I feel the way it was went about was wrong but we will never really know the true percentages when it comes to likes or dislikes of the change. Here is why: you would think that paying members would have an active vote as their monies support the game to a certain percent. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Development and change to the game has been going on behind the scenes longer than most of us know. Because it has been put in motion and monies have been paid to the change, it will never be announced that it is a dislike or it is a flop. Numbers will be fudged to impress and keep investor's on board. No one likes to admit to failure. Well especially at the cost of others monies. So from here on out everyone you will never meet in the game as long as you play will be in agreement by numbers in the changes of the game. The little people who ultimately put monies in some people's pockets are never heard. That is a global historical lesson that is often over looked. If in the end you find yourself logging on to play and realize that you are actually playing a version of world or war craft, it is about the money because WOW is at the top of the charts. DO not ever think it is about you the player. It is your choice to except what they do with or without your consent. This argument is backed up by the end of the week's responses from the mod's: absolutely nothing negative is discussed which gives the impression that this post and many like this will not be read and will not be admitted to being read.

19-Dec-2012 11:38:39

Mighty Silth

Mighty Silth

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A better way to introduce a massive overhaul on a preexisting system would be a gradual fade into the new system. Sure we had the beta trial run, but the previous system was from a series of gradual modifications. An all at once change creates a shock to the system, and promotes negative feedback. Once thing i can say is that ive battled little since the combat change, but now enemy levels do little to show the difficulty of the enemy in question. Anyway, upping combat while doing little to make the player more powerful-- or at least feel more powerful-- is a horror. In addition, Runescape is a clicking game, but please dont make me click during combat until im tired of it alltogether. Complexity in combat may well revive runescape. Examine this: tornadic damage is complex, but so is a very moving piece of music. Which one do you want?

19-Dec-2012 15:44:48

Metknight

Metknight

ok folks major issues with this combat upgrade and the leveling. Come on people. If new players obtain 99 att and 99 def the reach 200 combat. What in the world were you thinking. I have posted about this before. Unfortunately, no one reads these so it is a way to vent. Great idea take away the time the long time members have put in to obtain this goal and hand it out to whoever with little effort. Much appreciated. One of the main reason folks are leaving. Then again those numbers will be obscured also. DO we have an out? Like getting all our membership money back ? I mean you cant give us the time back. Craziness. Definitely, not a democracy here. The game should cater to the wants and needs of the paying customers. It is called business.

19-Dec-2012 20:58:26

Angel Eos
Mar Member 2019

Angel Eos

Posts: 149 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Being max level use to be something to strive for... now it seems as soon as you've gotten 99 defence and 99 in any other combat skill you're max level.

Now that doesn't make sense to me. Before if you saw a max level player, you knew they were powerful because it took a lot more than just 2 99's to get max combat level before.

In addition, I am finding it incredibly hard to train any of my combat skills. Honestly! I used to love just sitting and grinding at lower level mobs because I'm not really one for bosses or high level mobs. Regardless of how long it took to level...

It seems now I'm stuck playing mini-games for any sort of combat xp and it's gotten quite ridiculous. You say you listen to your players, but for the past few years you've greatly reduced the amount of listening to us.

I feel like you're doing what YOU feel is best, not what the players actually want.

It's quite silly on your part because to be completely blunt and honest, without us players, you wouldn't have a game.

19-Dec-2012 21:50:14

Quick find code: 294-295-141-64192564 Back to Top