Forums

QBD, Jubilee and CCF

Quick find code: 294-295-13-63754733

Geists
Nov Member 2022

Geists

Posts: 2,016 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, really? So little comments on this update?
Oh well.
I honestly can't complain about this update much. At all. I'm too busy being happy about it.
The royal dragonhides? Wonderful. They look gorgeous, and again you've done a pleasingly unorthodox design for a part of them - the female chaps. It's been so long since range has gotten anything. Woohoo for something filling up that tier. It's nice that you fit it just barely above black hides - Armadyl armor still retains all of its "finer" aspects, that were its selling point over black hides before this. I don't feel it's at much long-term risk, after kids' panic settles down.
The queen black dragon, herself? I've actually not done her, myself, thanks to a shaky connection. From what I've heard from friends testing the hell out of her, though, is the only real issues are with the minions, like how hard those slug things consistently hit. And the auto-hit unblockable unavoidable dragonfire 200 spam is understandable, but still lame how it can't be dodged. Also, what's up with anti-dragon and dragonfire shields not helping even remotely? Why can't a dragonfire shield lower her breath damage at all, from what a simple dose of super antifire can cover? That seems dumb.
Critique of some kinks about her that need ironing aside, time for some compliments. One, well done. Two, it's wonderful you finally put in a high-end SOLO boss into the game. I was really getting sick of all the "community" crap. The single-player aspect direly needed some addressing.
Her loot.
Dragon kite. Meh, what did kids expect?
Royal crossbow. Meh. And good, anti-chaotic-crossbow losers DON'T get the messiah they bitched for.
Dragonbone upgrade kit? My heart about skipped a beat. Then proceeded to beat in ever-rising excitement. Can not say enough compliments about these if I had space and tried. This stuff is literally a fantasy come true. My adv log pic speaks the words I don't have space to fit in this message. :O :D :) ^_^ <3

31-May-2012 01:22:22

Freemain
Sep Member 2021

Freemain

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The QBD has been a fantastic update so far. Aside from the whole grave glitch fiasco, I really haven't seen many negative effects on the game its self. One thing that is a bit strange is how things were priced in the GE. Royal D'hide armor is comparable to Armadyl, yet on day of release it was priced at 35k for the whole set? C'mon Jagex, use your brains on that. Obviously noone was selling it for 35k, so it was hard to find the actual price since the GE prices failed so bad. Other than that I have had no problems and am currently preparing to send the QBD back to sleep myself in hopes of some juicy loot.

31-May-2012 19:42:13

Ashhy
Jul Member 2021

Ashhy

Posts: 132 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol, just had to say I actually work at QBD the bookstore.
When I saw QBD in the title I was like uh what?
Then figured out it stood for queen black dragon. lol
My work doesnt stand for that.. haha

01-Jun-2012 06:25:01

Quick find code: 294-295-13-63754733 Back to Top