Forums

Community Round-Up 19/12

Quick find code: 294-295-117-64149020

Mod Mike

Mod Mike

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Christmas has arrived and the RuneScape community is getting involved with the festivities! You’ll be passing gifts around Gielinor and finding a new home for a stray dog, but that’s just the start!

RuneScape Advent Calendar

What’s better than chocolate? JMod messages, of course! Head on over to the forums to reveal a new message from a JMod each day in December until Christmas Day.

The Skypouncer and Blazehound arrive in Gielinor

Two faithful new companions have arrived in RuneScape this week and we’re offering you the chance to win your own to take care of! Find out more and enter the competition here !

New Ship Names Ahoy!

Following the Player-Owned Ports Rename your Ship contest we ran last week, we’ve selected a handful of winning names, which will be announced soon and added into the game in a future update.

Fansite News

Jumping straight into the Christmas spirit of giving, platinum-ranked fansite RuneZone are giving away heaps of prizes in their Ultimate Christmas Giveaway .

RuneHQ are also getting involved with the gift-giving in their huge Twelve Days of Christmas giveaway. With lots of awesome prizes including RuneCoins and membership, you won’t want to miss out!

RuneHQ’s content manager, Darkblitz , recently visited the Jagex Studio and met the team! You can read about his experience here .

Community Events

Caelestinus and a selection of RuneScape’s PMods are having a huge Christmas event in which you’ll be able to win some great prizes! To find out more and get involved head on over to their event thread on the forums.

That’s all for this week’s Community Round-Up! On behalf of all of the RuneScape Community Team, we’d like to wish you all a very merry Christmas!

The RuneScape Community Team

19-Dec-2012 18:23:35 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2012 18:26:17 by Mod Mike

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Dec-2012 19:02:59

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Dec-2012 19:21:12

Mrlardo
Dec Member 2011

Mrlardo

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex you guys are blind. You've ruined the game with EOC and its blatently obvious by the amount of players. I can't even play the game I love because of bots. Slayer tasks are crowded, skilling spots are ridiculously crowded. On top of all that your using the SOF and Solomon's general store to squeez as much money as you can out of us. It's really sad to see what you resort to when you ruined it for us and yourselves in the first place. Please at the very least doing something right and give us a few worlds with the old combat system. I don't see why you ignore your players....it makes no sense

19-Dec-2012 20:32:15

Ivy Pk Ftw

Ivy Pk Ftw

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jagex,

you have turned rs into a crappy version of wow and any other rpg out there. i played runescape because the combat was difrent than any other rpg. know all pvp is, is spaming numbers on they key board which i have to say is very fun . runescape pvp usto have some skill involved in pvp but know just no, any reatard can spam numbers on a key board. Runescape is going to die sooner or later but the eoc just sped that process up. YOU know pvp sucks know because Jagex your selfs took f2p pvp worlds out of the game. the eoc might appeal to some 5-10 year old* but 99% of true runescape players hate the eoc. Jagex people arent going to start playing runescpae because you changed the combat system all the EOC did get get players to quit. jagex i want one good reasion why?

19-Dec-2012 20:52:57

Nox Tenebris
Mar Member 2010

Nox Tenebris

Posts: 487 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Ivy Pk Ftw
Nope.
PVP isn't cb. CB is bossing, slayer, etc. Pvp is a very small part of cb. GET OVER IT.
@InBeforeEoC
The version number refers to major graphic updates ONLY. RS3 isn't until Java is no longer used.
@Mrlardo
They are doing something about bots, why would they tell us what they are doing?
Lets botmakers work around.

19-Dec-2012 21:27:49

Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Posts: 784 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very nice updates! My favourite one is the visit to Jagex Studios. :D Den Leader of the new fansite
Scapers' Den
(@ScapersDen).
Unique features include an Events Hub and JTalk, our JMod post viewer.
Find me on Twitter: @Darkblitz_RS

19-Dec-2012 21:46:40

Quick find code: 294-295-117-64149020 Back to Top