Forums

Jagex Customer Support Email? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-907-66142016

NorthWind66
Sep Member 2021

NorthWind66

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello! I'm fairly new here so maybe I'm just missing this, and this could even be the wrong place to put this post, but I couldn't seem to find a better option :P

I'm just wondering if there's a Customer Support Email that Jagex hosts. I'm trying to get some questions answered on various things, such as rules about the game and a Username change, but I can't seem to find a support email. Does Jagex have one? And please don't just link me to https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb. I really just wanna talk to someone, since I can find the info I'm looking for here... Thanks!

EDIT:
Btw, another quick question, why isn't the BBcode working whenever I tried it? ...Thanks x2
sup

07-Feb-2020 03:35:55 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2020 03:38:03 by NorthWind66

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to the Forums.

In The RSOF (RuneScape Official Forums) just above your thread title, you will find the link to its Code of Conduct and there you also will find a link to the Rules of RuneScape .

If you wanna change yours character name, still, the best way to find information about that, given by Jagex’s Support Centre, is here Character name change

One of the reasons Jagex isn't much communicating about these things is because most answers can be found in The RSOF or their Support Centre without the urgent need to contact them personally.
There's also Player Support;
Community Led Account Help
Community Led Technical Support
Community Led Payment Support
As a RuneScape Community, we are convinced that we are able to help/support each other well enough without the need to call for officials to step in whom sometimes haven't enough time to offer help instantly. Also, the information you requested is mostly common knowledge once you have played RuneScape for quite a while.

The reason Jagex isn't so fond of giving out email-addresses is that mostly they are abused for less important questions or ban-appeal requests of which they get tons of it every year once an email-address is known well enough.

*edit* - fixed links properly :)

07-Feb-2020 07:46:49 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2020 07:55:06 by 2_Tron

NorthWind66
Sep Member 2021

NorthWind66

Yea, but my questions aren't found under those links. Which is why I'm not trying to go to the Support Centre... On top of that, there are problems with my account that none of the links provided lead to a solution, because the question isn't asked.

And when it comes down to 'rules' about the game, its not specific on my particular instant and I constantly see people going back and forth on the topics that I'm trying to find out more information for. I'm not making my question public here, since I'm not really even sure on what the forum rules are.

...So in short though, Jagex has no customer support email, for myself or other players?

EDIT: Regarding the name change thing, I'm trying to get my old name from my account that was made back in like... 2008 or 2009? But I go to log into the account, and its been banned for whatever reason. I already tried appealing the ban on that account, and apparently its legit, so I'm not 100% sure what happened there, but I really just want the name from that account (also if was botted from a stolen password or whatever, I'm REALLY curious to see wtf they botted on that account xD).
sup

07-Feb-2020 17:47:03 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2020 17:57:48 by NorthWind66

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regarding account mutes/bans/perm-bans Jagex really is on top of a lot of account information, more then players are aware of and Jagex does really know what did happen or didn't happen.
However, Jagex will hardly share any information public/private as the account owner has to come forward themselves with information so Jagex is able to check out its truth.

This is the closest I can offer you, Appeal a ban , closest to get in contact with Jagex but it may happen that you end up in a sandbox, Jagex not willing to make contact with you because of what happened to that account and its circumstances.
At least it's a start and you can follow its steps.

Jagex pretty much constructed a real tight & thorough substantiated Support Centre where almost all players are able to find any support they need under normal circumstances.

Maybe this can offer you a different way to get in touch, ... Hijacked account
... Appeal bans

07-Feb-2020 19:28:32 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2020 19:35:48 by 2_Tron

NorthWind66
Sep Member 2021

NorthWind66

Well, thanks for trying to assist me, but I don't think any of these links will help. I'll just move on I guess, and stick with this name.

I already recovered the account and everything, so getting into the account isn't the problem. I don't even really care that its banned, since whatever was cheated onto the account is nothing I want apart of. I just would've liked to keep the name. All well

Again thanks for trying to help!
sup

08-Feb-2020 00:48:07

Pinguicula

Pinguicula

Posts: 10,430 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NorthWind66 said :
Regarding the name change thing, I'm trying to get my old name from my account that was made back in like... 2008 or 2009? But I go to log into the account, and its been banned for whatever reason. I already tried appealing the ban on that account, and apparently its legit, so I'm not 100% sure what happened there, but I really just want the name from that account (also if was botted from a stolen password or whatever, I'm REALLY curious to see wtf they botted on that account xD).

If an account is banned then the name is unavailable, too. Normally the only way to get the name from a banned account is to successfully appeal the ban. However, according to the wiki
https://runescape.wiki/w/Character_name
the names of some banned accounts were released during the inactive account name release on 13 March 2017. So.. since your ban appeal wasn't successful then maybe someday the name of the banned account will be released during an inactive account name release.

Jagex no longer has email address you can use to ask them about anything. However, you could've asked about the name issue in the Community Led Account Help forum.

08-Feb-2020 05:31:46 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2020 05:32:51 by Pinguicula

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like Pinguicula explained above, if the account that has the name you wish to have is banned -- that name is unavailable forever. Allowing the reuse of the banned account names will visibly restore the names of infamous bug abusers to the streets of Runescape.

08-Feb-2020 14:08:33

The contents of this message have been hidden.

10-Feb-2020 01:03:40

Quick find code: 278-279-907-66142016 Back to Top