Forums

Forum Suggestion: Like-Button

Quick find code: 278-279-746-66231826

Oneiro Oni

Oneiro Oni

Posts: 5,790 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bear in mind this is just a suggestion that I would like to see.
Just a wholesome idea I had for the forums. Nothing major.

I've seen a lot of great
Threads
and
Comments
that I wish I can put a
beautiful green thumbs up button
just to show that I
it.

Even with
Suggestions
I think its nice to help keep track of how many people both
and
support
an idea.

Who knows, seeing an amount of
by the thread title when scrolling through the forums may attract more readers as well.

And that's my suggestion.

<<<Side-Note: Don't suggest a Dislike feature, I feel like people would just troll with that.>>>
"Do you really think you can save them, [
Player
]? You can't. The spiral of time leads only to the gaping maw of eternity. And this is
Xau-Tak
." -
Gustaf Joannhes Death at Sea

08-Oct-2021 19:18:19

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oneiro Oni said :
<<<Side-Note: Don't suggest a Dislike feature, I feel like people would just troll with that.>>>
I'm glad that you mentioned this. Considering the amount of trolls that roam around these RSOFs, a "dislike" or "thumbs-down" button wouldn't work. Now, if we only get a "like" button, then yes, I'm up for it. If you don't like the thread or idea, simply do not engage. If you do, then by all means hit that "like" button.

I'm in. It's just a bit sad because they haven't prioritized updating the RSOFs overall.

08-Oct-2021 19:22:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
Oneiro Oni said :
I'm glad that you mentioned this. Considering the amount of trolls that roam around these RSOFs, a "dislike" or "thumbs-down" button wouldn't work. Now, if we only get a "like" button, then yes, I'm up for it. If you don't like the thread or idea, simply do not engage. If you do, then by all means hit that "like" button.

I'm in. It's just a bit sad because they haven't prioritized updating the RSOFs overall.

What if those trolls just use alts to "like" their own threads?

08-Oct-2021 20:27:58

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
What about it? If "trolls" do use their alts to "like" their own threads, I do not see a problem with it, just like how everyone else uses their alternative accounts to receive additional karma on Reddit, for example. Now, as I am sure you know, accounts must either be P2P or meet the minimum requirement to be able to use the RSOFs as F2P, which is 350 total levels. I highly doubt people would out of their way to either pay for extra membership or sit down in-game to get 350 total levels to simply "like" their own threads at a greater extent.

Now, if you already have alts that can use the RSOFs, then by all means go "like" your own thread, even if you are a "troll" or not, if you so desire. The main concern is that a "dislike" button would simply open the gates of hell and allow users that do not get along with each other to simply berate or mess around with each others' threads simply because they don't "like" one another ;) .

08-Oct-2021 21:27:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
Dilbert2001 said :
What about it? If "trolls" do use their alts to "like" their own threads, I do not see a problem with it, just like how everyone else uses their alternative accounts to receive additional karma on Reddit, for example. Now, as I am sure you know, accounts must either be P2P or meet the minimum requirement to be able to use the RSOFs as F2P, which is 350 total levels. I highly doubt people would out of their way to either pay for extra membership or sit down in-game to get 350 total levels to simply "like" their own threads at a greater extent.

Now, if you already have alts that can use the RSOFs, then by all means go "like" your own thread, even if you are a "troll" or not, if you so desire. The main concern is that a "dislike" button would simply open the gates of hell and allow users that do not get along with each other to simply berate or mess around with each others' threads simply because they don't "like" one another ;) .

What about it? It means such "likes" or "dislikes" may not mean anything constructive except adding more unnecessary arguments, as very often I see certain users make claims like "I got 1 support and 0 no support so everybody agrees with me".

We have seen enough "spite" voting accusations already, personally I don't think "spite" likes or dislikes arguments will be constructive for the forums.

08-Oct-2021 22:56:32 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2021 22:58:13 by Dilbert2001

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SushiCombo said :
No support.

Same here.

If thres going to be a "like button" there also needs to be a "dislike button" as thats only make sense.

I mean whats the point when everyone isnt going to always agree with your post?

Kind of defeats the point in this happening as you're pretty much asking for "yes men"/echo chambers to happen.

So in all honesty, both dislike/like buttons shouldnt happen here at all. If ppl are still going to be forced to type out why they dislike something, so should ppl who like the idea.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

10-Oct-2021 13:53:03

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Dilbert2001 said :

What about it? It means such "likes" or "dislikes" may not mean anything constructive except adding more unnecessary arguments, as very often I see certain users make claims like "I got 1 support and 0 no support so everybody agrees with me".

We have seen enough "spite" voting accusations already, personally I don't think "spite" likes or dislikes arguments will be constructive for the forums.

Exactly.

This is already a problem on reddit so lets not bring those issues here.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

10-Oct-2021 13:54:29

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Mrs Ana said :
The main concern is that a "dislike" button would simply open the gates of hell and allow users that do not get along with each other to simply berate or mess around with each others' threads simply because they don't "like" one another .

Like this doesnt happen already?

So how this hold any water?

I mean you did bring up that there are "trolls" here did you not, so a dislike button isnt going to be the cause of this happening. So please dont act like it will.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

10-Oct-2021 13:58:56

Quick find code: 278-279-746-66231826 Back to Top