Forums

Feedback and Inquiry

Quick find code: 278-279-69-66293659

The contents of this message have been hidden.

25-Jan-2024 00:36:09

Dr Joe
Nov Member 2020

Dr Joe

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With the imminent closure of the Forums and the shift towards Discord, I am concerned about the future availability of effective communication channels. I am taking this opportunity to post my feedback in the Forums' Feedback section, hoping for a constructive response.

Improving these aspects of customer support and communication would significantly enhance the player experience and demonstrate a commitment to player satisfaction, which is vital for the long-term success of Runescape.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my concerns and suggestions. I am hopeful for positive changes that will strengthen the game's community engagement and support.

Sincerely,

Dr Joe
"No tree has branches foolish enough as to fight amongst themselves."
- Unknown

25-Jan-2024 00:36:40

Ms Toxicity
Jul
fmod Member

Ms Toxicity

Forum Moderator Posts: 78,487 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dr Joe said :
Dear Jagex Support Team,

Good day. I am writing to you as a long-standing player of Runescape, having enjoyed the game for over
20 years
. I would like to bring to your attention some challenges I've recently faced with your support system and offer suggestions for improvement.

My initial attempt to seek information about this year's Premier Membership on the official Runescape Discord was unsuccessful, as my query went unanswered for several days. This was disappointing, particularly as a potential missed opportunity for engagement and sales from your team.

In search of a more direct line of communication, I turned to your website. However, the process was far from user-friendly. I struggled to find a suitable contact form, and when I did find topics under the contact section, I was surprised to see that providing general feedback wasn't even an option. This was quite disheartening, as feedback is crucial for continuous improvement.

Furthermore, the available forms I did find had an incredibly restrictive character limit. This limit is impractical for players who need to provide detailed feedback or have complex inquiries. A more accommodating character limit would be beneficial for meaningful communication.

This experience, particularly the lack of a straightforward feedback option and the restrictive character limit, has left me quite
frustrated
. It’s essential for players to have accessible and efficient channels to communicate with your company.

My initial reason for reaching out was regarding the details of loyalty points in the Premier Membership offer as advertised on your sales page (
://REDACTED
). The absence of information about these points, which are highly valued by many players including myself, was concerning.
Forum Help

25-Jan-2024 00:51:45

Ms Toxicity
Jul
fmod Member

Ms Toxicity

Forum Moderator Posts: 78,487 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dr Joe, the URL you had posted does not seem legitimate. I think that your account details may have been phished. :(

The first step is to secure your account. For information about this, I recommend that you read the Recovering from Hijack [Info] sticky thread in the Community Led Account Help forum. Likewise, the Support Centre article below will provide more information about phishing.

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/6188733896081-Phishing

As the forums are about to be switched off for posting, I recommend that you raise the issue in the RuneScape Discord, there is a category dedicated to Community Support. The
#account-help
channel is one way of seeking further assistance.

To access the channel, there is a sticky thread in the Community Home forum. RS Official Discord Servers

Click on the appropriate link in the opening post and you will receive an invitation link.

If that fails, you can reach out to Jagex via Twitter.
Forum Help

25-Jan-2024 01:00:42 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2024 01:05:49 by Ms Toxicity

Dr Joe
Nov Member 2020

Dr Joe

MS Toxicity,

Thank you for your prompt response and concern regarding the URL I posted :) I understand your worry about phishing, and I appreciate your diligence in ensuring the safety of our community.

I'd like to clarify that the URL I shared was obtained directly from the lobby of the new Official Jagex Client. Upon revisiting the page and comparing it with the sales page on the official Runescape website, I found them to be identical. My assumption, based on my knowledge, is that the URL might be some sort of forward address. Your keen observation and swift action in redacting the post are commendable, and I share your curiosity about the URL's legitimacy.

I also appreciate your guidance towards the appropriate channels for support. I did notice the section in Discord for Community Support but initially misunderstood its purpose, thinking it was solely community-led. I sought a more direct line to Jagex, hence my approach via the forums.

Regarding the guidance in the #Contact-Moderators section on Discord, it led me to believe that Discord might be more of an "unofficial" channel for support or feedback. This was another reason for my preference to use the forums.

Thank you again for your help. As the forums transition, I'll certainly miss seeing familiar names like yours. Hopefully, our paths will cross on Discord, and I can continue to rely on the valuable assistance and insights you provide.

Warm regards,

:)
- Unknown

25-Jan-2024 01:25:31

Dr Joe
Nov Member 2020

Dr Joe

^ *I accidentally replied to my own message instead of replying to yours haha
- Unknown