Forums

Golden Partyhat Avatar Broken?

Quick find code: 278-279-679-66236812

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :

Plus how exactly would they make a static image look "golden"?

You can easily make a static image look golden with a bit of shading and the right colour choice.
Something like this for example:
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

24-Nov-2021 12:26:24 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2021 12:35:05 by Rooh

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
Draco Burnz said :

Plus how exactly would they make a static image look "golden"?

You can easily make a static image look golden with a bit of shading and the right colour choice.

Lighting/shading is amongst my favorite topics... couldn't resist :(
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

24-Nov-2021 14:00:24

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What a 'drama' ... the one thing that says the most is '
Golden PartyHat
' in your bank/inventory.
By the way nice picks Corder. :)
There are far more important things to do for Jagex/JMods. These have more priority than re-colouring a partyhat.

24-Nov-2021 15:22:10

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Rooh said :

That does look "gold" to me but more so bronze-ish.
Your avatar also needs a fix as that 'cake with caketin on yourhead' is missing its candles. LOL lol ...

25-Nov-2021 07:31:22

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :

Looks gold to me. :P

Gold comes in quite a few different shades, as shown here in this pic from a jeweller's website:

In any case the exact colour could easily be tweaked... and I'm sure you'll agree that the first example I posted definitely looks more metallic.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

25-Nov-2021 11:20:19 - Last edited on 25-Nov-2021 13:31:11 by Rooh

Muzan-sama
Dec Member 2020

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree that perhaps the colour of gold could be slightly more pertinent, but I would also like to see the entirety of the crown around my avatar's head in a tight fit, as opposed to fitting so loose and being too big for the frame. It seems a little disproportional to the rest of the head, but that's just my two cents.

Either way, the partyhat looks great in-game!
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

25-Nov-2021 13:45:31

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Muzan-sama said :
I agree that perhaps the colour of gold could be slightly more pertinent, but I would also like to see the entirety of the crown around my avatar's head in a tight fit, as opposed to fitting so loose and being too big for the frame. It seems a little disproportional to the rest of the head, but that's just my two cents.

Either way, the partyhat looks great in-game!
Ahh yes, I just noticed that comparing your avatar to Rooh's lol. Would be nice indeed!

Rooh said :
Draco Burnz said :

Looks gold to me. :P

Gold comes in quite a few different shades, as shown here in this pic from a jeweller's website:

In any case the exact colour could easily be tweaked... and I'm sure you'll agree that the first example I posted definitely looks more metallic.
I don't think I've ever seen white gold... maybe I have, but I'd think it was silver :O
A metallic look makes a whole difference to Gold indeed!
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

25-Nov-2021 13:59:06

Quick find code: 278-279-679-66236812 Back to Top