Forums

Forums Official App

Quick find code: 278-279-566-66253931

Joe Bill64
Dec Member 2023

Joe Bill64

Posts: 2,413 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would like to re-post my old, abandoned, forsaken idea again; here. Would this be acceptable J mods/F mods/ Community Mods? I thought it was originally a good idea. Maybe not unique, as I'm sure others have thought: "Hey we would love an easier way to browse and communicate via the RSOF thee og site." I've been away from them for too long because they aren't user friendly, but Mobile browsing seems to have improved, Kudos Jagex!

Also, with all the great new features being added to both versions of the mobile game, I don't know A better time to ask again? ;)

Thanks and please lock or hide if not in compliance with the rules or redundant.

24-May-2022 23:30:48

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there,

The forums don't necessarily need a new app developed to accomplish a mobile-friendly interface. The web team has changed a lot of the RuneScape website to a mobile-first/responsive design already and the same could be done for the Forums.

I support the idea.

Keep in mind that the Forums haven't seen too much in the way of game changing updates in some time, so don't be discouraged if you don't see changes any time soon. Of course, it never hurts to post and share ideas about how to make the Website and Forums better as that is what this forum is for.
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

25-May-2022 04:43:20

Joe Bill64
Dec Member 2023

Joe Bill64

Posts: 2,413 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Spearmint30. I agree with you, but I imagine myself one day having a nice little RSOF app on my home screen. Little number indications for all updates (responses, news, mentions and the like) I can see myself tapping it and quickly being able to reply, then getting back to work. :) Tis but a dream I guess.

(unrelated to your post) I uninstalled Reddit because I was only using it to keep up with RS/OSRS and I despise 3rd party data mining crap apps, that try to become the newest FB every chance they get. Also kept up on osrs YT vids, but always came late to that party. Blehhh... I rather Runescape gets my data, vs another source that doesn't deserve it.

See ya round Spearmint, and if someone hasn't already mentioned, you seem to always be helping around the forums so Thanks for that!

28-May-2022 17:01:32

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey again, Joe,
Joe Bill64 said :
Thanks Spearmint30. I agree with you, but I imagine myself one day having a nice little RSOF app on my home screen. Little number indications for all updates (responses, news, mentions and the like) I can see myself tapping it and quickly being able to reply, then getting back to work. :)
I would also most certainly love to see those features. They would make the RSOF experience feel much more modern and aligned with what others value about other platforms, such as Reddit which you mentioned.

Also, just to clarify that by no means did I intend to shoot down your idea of a separate app as I was simply trying to point out that your proposal maybe could also be accomplished without it which would also bring some of these same features to desktop users as well.
Joe Bill64 said :
See ya round Spearmint, and if someone hasn't already mentioned, you seem to always be helping around the forums so Thanks for that!
I'm always happy to help where I can and I appreciate the kind words!
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

28-May-2022 17:39:30

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would be nice to have, but very unlikely due to the popularity, functionality and ease of alternatives such as Discord. It also doesn't help that Discord added their own forums feature which can be used on popular servers such as the official RuneScape ones, making this board even more obsolete.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

29-May-2022 10:36:20

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why would Jagex spend time building a forum app, when their staff don't even want to be involved with the forums? (See: removal of FMR, absence of staff posts, etc.)
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

30-May-2022 07:54:01

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
Joe Bill64 said :
Loki, Archaeox. Thanks for the input and I can't disagree. :/

Tryin to get that hope up though. <3

Always Hope. After all the Forums are still here so must be here for a reason.

Keep hoping. Never give up. ;)

@ Tuffty - That reason isn't necessarily due to a purpose or plan. Remember what happened to Runescape Classic, and FunOrb? We can hope, but sometimes...the writing is on the wall.

@ Joe Bill 64 -I'd love to see an official forum app. I'd agree with Loki, however, that this isn't likely with the increase use and adoption of Discord as the preferred social media platform. Discord is an incredibly user friendly platform, so it doesn't surprise me that Jagex is shifting their focus and attention over there. Some might argue it is the evolution of social media platforms, and trying to "meet players where their interests are". I do think there's merit in promoting and trying to revive the official RS forums, but I think it is clear this isn't a priority or initiative on the table.
Forum Moderator

05-Jun-2022 16:12:53

Quick find code: 278-279-566-66253931 Back to Top