Forums

The Runescape Forums Eulogy

Quick find code: 278-279-395-66293535

RichKngMidas

RichKngMidas

Posts: 180 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow adventurers of Gielinor,

Today, we gather not around the warmth of a Gielinor campfire, nor within the hallowed halls of Varrock, but in the somber shadow of a digital sunset. Today, we mark the closure of the RuneScape forums, a cornerstone of our community, a haven for friendships, a battleground for ideas, and a tapestry of memories woven over countless hours.

These forums were more than just threads and posts; they were the pulsating heart of our community, beating with the vibrant stories of every player who dared to dream in this world of magic and mystery. From Lumbridge to the Wilderness, these forums were our rallying point, a place where noobs and legends stood side by side, where the pen was mightier than the Godsword.

But today, we stand in disbelief and dismay as Jagex, the guardians of our world, the architects of our adventures, chose to close the gates to this digital haven. It's a decision that has left many of us bewildered, feeling as though the rug has been pulled from under our feet, as though a piece of our digital soul has been stripped away without ceremony or sufficient cause.

We understand that all things must evolve, that the winds of change are constant in the realms of technology and gaming. But this decision, this closure, feels like an affront to the spirit of community that has been the lifeblood of RuneScape since its inception. It feels like a dismissal of the voices that have echoed in those forums, of the camaraderie that was fostered, and the shared journey of millions who have walked these lands.

(1/2)
I'm known as Rich King Midas, and when you look at me, you'll see a king who knows a thing about his treasury. I never cared for women. I've never cared for wine. But when I count a large amount of money - ha ha - it's divine!

23-Jan-2024 05:05:11 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2024 05:07:44 by RichKngMidas

RichKngMidas

RichKngMidas

Posts: 180 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To Jagex, we say this: your legacy is not just coded in the lines that give life to RuneScape, but in the spaces you provided for us to come together, to share, to argue, to celebrate. The RuneScape forums were a testament to the power of community, a place where the human spirit thrived in the most fantastical of settings. In closing them, you haven't just shut down a platform; you've dimmed the lights on a vibrant part of our lives.

Yet, even as we stand in this moment of loss, let us not forget the bonds that were formed, the guilds that were raised, and the dragons that were slain through the connections made in those forums. Let us carry forward the spirit of those forums in every quest we undertake, in every dungeon we explore, and in every chat we engage in. The forums may be retiring, but the stories, the friendships, and the legacy we've built will forever be a part of the RuneScape saga.

In closing, we bid farewell to the RuneScape forums, not with bitterness, but with a profound sense of gratitude for the journey they facilitated. May the memories of our shared adventures forever echo in the annals of Gielinor's history.

In unity and remembrance,
RichKngMidas
I'm known as Rich King Midas, and when you look at me, you'll see a king who knows a thing about his treasury. I never cared for women. I've never cared for wine. But when I count a large amount of money - ha ha - it's divine!

23-Jan-2024 05:08:13

Quick find code: 278-279-395-66293535 Back to Top