Forums

New Website is Coming!

Quick find code: 278-279-344-66157272

Conformed
Oct Member 2023

Conformed

Posts: 2,901 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This definitely has me feeling optimistic for the future of the RSOF. Maybe a lot of the current issues can be fixed with this transition.

It would be nice to see it introduced or at least unveiled soon on a live-stream.
-- Con
for
med --

03-May-2020 19:01:21 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2020 16:01:22 by Conformed

Vakn
Dec Member 2019

Vakn

Posts: 418 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Excited to see more about this. It's the little things on the website that make it look clean and professional that are currently bugged and poorly kept. IE: Avatars / Clan Motifs - Vakn | Always learning. |
Essayons!

04-May-2020 03:13:13

Chief Elf
Apr Member 2017

Chief Elf

Posts: 5,115 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki, I’m assuming from your statement that Mod Warren didn’t reply to you?

I’m sorry to be such a pessimist but I think I will echo everyone’s sentiments here - the Forums have long been neglected and a promise of a better software/platform had never been fulfilled.

We do hope that the website revamp will include RSOF but I won’t be holding such high hopes.

I wonder if 2020 will be the year they finally listen to us, or if we are just a community waiting to be shelved.
Mental Health
|
Sweaty Fingers
|
Mod Meadows

10-May-2020 07:38:05

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,061 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nuzzler said :
Please, oh god please, for the love of god, add unique IDs to runescape players and an API endpoint to extract that person's display name from that ID. You have NO CLUE how frustrating it is not being able to keep up with everyone changing their display names when you manage a 1000+ member clan on discord. Also it would be amazing to add a way to link a runescape account with an external website t o verify you own an account. Theyve already done this with Twitch. Please make it public! I'm not asking for overpowered scopes to change user settings which could be used maliciously, an 'identify' scope is plenty (See Oauth 2.0 for what this is). This way we can link discord accounts to runescape players.

this was a long time ago, but you used to be able to use the rs wiki for this
Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

04-Jul-2020 23:55:42

Quick find code: 278-279-344-66157272 Back to Top