Forums

Link BBCode Domain Whitelist

Quick find code: 278-279-241-66143367

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,350 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would it be possible to add the oldschool sub-domain to the link parser? (Of course it's possible, right?) I know the web team is small and busy and there isn't often time for the forums - I get it. If you added up the list of small favors everyone wants for the forums, the team would be working for quite some time.

So... I guess this is one more for the list! :P I've only wanted to link to something on the oldschool.runescape.com site a few times, but the parser won't allow a clickable link to that sub-domain.

While I'm here and asking... would there be any harm in white-listing *.runescape.com and *.jagex.com completely, allowing us to link to RuneScape and Jagex sites and services for reference points?
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

15-Feb-2020 04:57:26

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 44,941 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No reason not to, but at the same time, I think most pages on the Old School side of things use either the services or secure domains, so the links there already work - its just one or two that don't (such as the OldSchool Homepage). I know I've had no issues with linking to newsposts or polls in the past.

15-Feb-2020 19:08:13

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Yeah, you're right AJ - it's only a few things that I only ever very occasionally want to link that are on the oldschool sub-domain. As you said, most things are in the services or secure sub-domains which already work.

I'd even like to see linking to the runescape.wiki and oldschool.runescape.wiki but I thought I'd start small with the suggestion and just see if all RS and Jagex domains could be added.

Thanks for sharing that information though!
Spearmint30

¤
Food scientists have finally managed to remove the mint flavor from gum! The ex-spearmint was a success!
¤

15-Feb-2020 20:07:39

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Legaia 2 Pla said :
Support, and support for the Wiki linking.
I'm sure it would get utilized quite a bit for sure! :)
Spearmint30

¤
¤

23-Feb-2020 09:16:37

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,605 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Legaia 2 Pla said :
Support, and support for the Wiki linking.

This.
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

25-Feb-2020 22:40:42

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

How do you guys envision Wiki linking might work?

[link url=https://runescape.wiki/w/Article_Name]Article[/link]
or
[wiki article=Article_Name]Article[/wiki] / [oswiki article=Article_Name]Article[/oswiki]
Spearmint30

¤
¤

26-Feb-2020 17:06:00

Legaia 2 Pla
Jul Member 2019

Legaia 2 Pla

Posts: 9,451 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they wanted to keep it strictly between the RSWiki and the OSWiki they could do
[rw]article title[/rw] and [ow]article title[/ow].

If they were trying to save character space. If not, your example would be nice as well, Spearmint.

26-Feb-2020 23:48:51

Quick find code: 278-279-241-66143367 Back to Top