Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Fat Man69a
Mar Member 2005

Fat Man69a

Posts: 9,570 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hello,

i dont know where to say this, but im sure it will or can be moved to its appropriate place

i visited the , RUNESCAPE WIKIA, by FANDOM,

i did a search for a monster, and when i tapped on the the one i was looking for, it opened a link saying i had 4 viruses on my phone, and tried to get me to download and app by pushing the button at the bottom,

when i tried to exit the screen, it goes back for like 1 second, and then goes forward again to the screen trying to get me to download an app to clean these so called viruses

-----i assure you i dont have any viruses on my phone----

no matter how many times i tried to exit or go back , it just wont do it,

i had to completely close the browser and reload it again, tho when i did the first time and tried open browser again it just went straight back to the page of it trying to get me to download this app
{ guessing its a virus ofc }

funny thing is i have used the site before and have not had a problem,

tho today after asking about a certain monster cause i been away for a lil, i try to search this monster about 1 hour later and it tried to do as mentioned above

i warned the clan about it and said i was reporting it to jagex to hopefully get it fixed or possibly have the site shutdown for attempting to scam people with a fraudulent download to either mess your computer\phone or steal personal information

after i bit of discussion about the issue, a good 30minutes later, a clan friend attempted to search for the monster i tried for earlier using their phone, and didnt have a problem,
so i tried to search again and wouldnt you believe it, it wasnt trying to get me to download the app to remove these so called viruses,

people saying its an ad on the site, this was no ad, i tapped the monster i was looking for and boom, everytime it tried to get me to download this app,

an attempt to either render my phone useless or collect personal information ect

--out of space--
»•,,•±JOIN CLAN±•,¸¸,•±PvE Hit Squad±•,,•«
O_o
when the silent become loud and one become many shall the wars be silent and the world becomes one
O_o

21-Jan-2017 23:15:47

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top