Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
i have no idea how welfare works. i know ill qualify for unemployment for a while when i get laid off. i will take it for between jobs but i dont even know how long it lasts based on previous employment or what percentage of my current paycheck it will be. but i did pay into it while working at this dump for the last couple years, so it would be stupid to not take it

In the USA, it's based on numerous factors, such as job stability, age, if there are any disabilities that prevent you from seeking a job (at which point, the applicant will be ushered over to SSI/Disability), if you have children, and if you're just coming off a job that qualifies for Welfare assistance.

With Welfare, you can get: cash assistance, food stamps, and medical. The first thing is usually for men/women with children, those who are unable to support themselves, or are unable to find a source of stablised income. The second thing is for qualifying food products (you might see it as an ACCESS card). The last thing is primarily for men/women with children or men/women who have no other way of obtaining medical coverage at that given moment.

The applicant goes through regular... I guess it's visits? Check-ups? To see if they're still qualifying for Welfare. Some people that I've spoken with have told me every month while others have told me every six months.

Source: my job.

11-Jan-2016 02:25:03

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so it doesnt sound like ill get much out of it if anything. but its not like im counting on any outside assistance anyway. im getting 2.5 months of pay through severance, and i do not want to be unemployed for more then i have to, even if that means i gotta take some minimum wage temp jobs Old School

11-Jan-2016 02:36:37

Nosword

Nosword

well 2 months of standard pay thru a severance package plus all the time off i have. which at this point is a lot since my boss hasnt let me take time off since july/august when i tore my knee Old School

11-Jan-2016 02:38:41

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With Unemployment Benefits, you are only allowed to be on the program for a few months. I think it's like 6 months. So, you kind of got to find another job in the meantime.

The people that I encounter, some of 'em get between $600-800 per month, and with taxes, it becomes like ~$50-100 less.

11-Jan-2016 02:39:33

Nosword

Nosword

considering two weeks ago my boss told me "for all i care you can go sit in the bathroom and jerk off all day" i dont think its likely im gunna get fired. nobody gives a fuck about me or what i am doing at work as long as i show up everyday and i dont fall behind. especially now that were getting shut down Old School

11-Jan-2016 02:47:12

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top