Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish Lebron played in the 90s :( . Would be hilarious watching people try to defend him. It'd be even more hilarious if had was able to grow up with the mentality that playing like a bull in a china shop was the way to score points.

The NBA was so much worse in the 90s. People like to claim it was better because it was a lot more relate-able. The way the game was played, was pretty much the way everybody in the park could play the game. Dump the ball off to the big guy down low and let him use his size as an advantage. Bowl his way to the hoop and scoop it in. You and I could do that. Now? I don't have the athleticism to change direction quickly three times in succession, dribble between my legs, get the defender on my hip, and get off a clean shot as the help defender slides over. I can't relate to that. The individual talent and athleticism is simply MUCH higher today and its easily discredited because it seems fake, people don't like it.

The athleticism didn't exist in a majority of players and it showed. The guys sitting on the end of the bench in the current NBA are 2789127891x better athletes than the average fan, and they play like it. Back in the 90s, while they are still obviously more athletic than the average fan, the average fan could at least emulate what they were seeing on TV. The game is a much more finesse game because the skill level is much higher. Back in the 90s and before, the supreme athletic talent didn't exist until Jordan. Thats why he stuck out and was able to dominate in the way he did.

They say your first is always the best, and Jordan was our first. Its romanticized, and its simply untrue. You can have Jordan, I'll take LeBron :) .

28-May-2015 09:40:59

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top