Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Sha ky
Nov Member 2023

Sha ky

Posts: 33,579 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When they changes the trim req from 5k games to full profound it meant that obviously gaining tickets became priority so w24 was no longer seen as a good place to afk the req.

After a few weeks people started afking in w48 and doing tie games there, it got pretty popular and nearly all trimmers were doing that. The exception being the handful of people who were boosting and the people laying in w24.

It eventually became common knowledge that if you wanted to afk the req you'd go to w48 and do tie games there, this then attracted the attention of a few trimmers who would try and crash to get 2 tickets per game.

There were no FCs at this point so it became an unorganized effort to stop these people, it was usually me and a few other people trying to stop them. I played most of my games in 24 so stopping some trimmers who have never played Castle Wars before wasn't exactly hard and it was kinda fun sometimes when they brought lots of people.

Anyway eventually that died down and hardly anyone would crash any more, back in 24 there would be people saying lets go crash 48 and I and others would just say if you do we'll stop you so no CWers really bothered doing it, they occasionally did but we'd just go and stop them.

So one time a guy in w24 said I'm going to go crash 48 and I said okay I'll anti you, I saw him lobby so I hopped to 48 and joined a team, didn't see him in there so assumed he was in the other team. Turns out he never showed so I was like oh well I'll just go practice with cades for this game then go back to 24. Unfortunately some other guy there saw me doing this and started burning the cades I set which stops me from blowing them, can't remember his name but he used cwafkers in its early days.

I basically said can you stop and he said no you're making people uneasy, they think you're crashing. I guess I was a bit egotistical and said I'm pretty sure most people here know I anti crashers so they aren't going to think I'm crashing.
Helper of the Community

Xp gainer
2/19

09-Jan-2015 15:50:43

Sha ky
Nov Member 2023

Sha ky

The argument kinda escalated and eventually ended up with him saying we don't need you to stop anybody crashing us and I said okay stop me from scoring next game.

So next game I went opposite team to his and just took the flag, I'd run around the map with it and give it them back and then take it again and just basically do anything I wanted with it because they couldn't stop me. The main thing is though I never scored it, I always kept the score at 0-0 or if someone else scored I'd make it 1-1 etc, I made sure games would always end in a tie.

Anyway I left it after that and didn't come back for a couple of days, at this point cwafkers had started to form with its original members.

I came back because a friend was there afking some games and needed to give her something so ended up doing a game with her. I got bored and said do you want a present, she said okay so I got the flag for her, gave it her and just danced on the wall with her.

Anyway this angered the cwafkers and they tried to take it back despite us having no intentions of us ever scoring it. They just acted so aggressively and angered by it all we thought it was hilarious that people would get so upset at the thought of losing 1 gold ticket. It was funny cos Scronce would pm me telling me about how angry people in the FC were and it was just funny.

So we'd just troll them by doing this, never scoring it and still stopping actual crashers when it happened. It was funniest when they'd actually kill us and some random guy on our team would pick it up and score it, if they hadn't killed us the flag would've never been scored.

Anyway that went on for a couple of weeks, I got branded a crasher despite having still to this day never scored a winning point in w48. They then started doing their bug abuse method off world, I got bored and stopped playing for a bit.

I heard they then got a lot of actual crashers and w48 died.
Helper of the Community

Xp gainer
2/19

09-Jan-2015 16:04:28

Sha ky
Nov Member 2023

Sha ky

Shir said :
And that's why they don't like you? O_o

~Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.~

tl;dr I just used to troll them a lot in w48 and they would get very upset about this. They thought I was an actual crasher when the only thing that caused games to not be tied was their own stupidity.
Helper of the Community

Xp gainer
2/19

09-Jan-2015 16:06:22

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top