Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Frogs Go Moo

Frogs Go Moo

Posts: 2,417 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, I played from March 2004, then quit Nov 2008. I came on for like 2 weeks at a time or so whenever a major update came out. Such as DG, Free Trade, Nex, and EoC.

I came back a few days before the release of EoC to try out the beta and really liked it (don't shoot me pl0x?) and it got me hooked into RS again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't do Toad kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16-May-2014 04:38:15

Frogs Go Moo

Frogs Go Moo

Froud said :
http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/words-with-friends_12.jpg

Just replace "Words".

http://puu.sh/8O69G.png

Don't do Toad kids.

16-May-2014 04:40:58

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Frogs Go Moo said :
Yeah, I played from March 2004, then quit Nov 2008. I came on for like 2 weeks at a time or so whenever a major update came out. Such as DG, Free Trade, Nex, and EoC.

I came back a few days before the release of EoC to try out the beta and really liked it (don't shoot me pl0x?) and it got me hooked into RS again.

The beta was actually lovely. I thought it was neat. It was breathing fresh life into a blueprint-type of game. It was a bit different, and I really wasn't too sure how to feel about it at the time.

But, uhhh... Lemme think. Whatever year the yo-yo came out is when I played. I got a couple-of-trinkets from the events. I then quit.

16-May-2014 04:42:03

Frogs Go Moo

Frogs Go Moo

Yo-yo was Dec 2004.

I was 9 when I started playing so I was at that age where I thought I was too old for Santa and the Easter Bunny so I never did the events. xD

Not until the Skele costume came out and the 12 year old punk in me told me I needed it. :P

Don't do Toad kids.

16-May-2014 04:44:54

Frogs Go Moo

Frogs Go Moo

Yeah, I never was a big fan of combat pre-eoc. It was always confusing and some parts of it (Claws, Ags, DDS, etc.) just seemed stupid to me. I got to level all 80s and just stopped doin combat at all until GWD came out.

EoC made armor stats and such so much easier for me to understand and made it more fun and interesting to me.

Don't do Toad kids.

16-May-2014 04:47:22

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,906 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did the Christmas events, right? I did the one with the Wooly hats. The same year there were the marionettes. I never knew about the marionettes, and when I returned, I met someone who was around the same age as me. He had the marionettes. I was like. WHAT. I wanted to kick my however-old-year-self in the head.

As for EOC. I really absolutely hate combat. With a passion. Like. Straight up. Screw it. It's stupid. It's dumb. It needs to get lost. I also hated the old system; throw up a prayer, chill out, drink a liquid, and watch the screen. I really hated that method. Of course, at the time, when I had started to play, I didn't understand it, either. It sort of felt, uh, rushed. Like, it was trying to do something, but it really wasn't too sure what it wanted to be, so it was just there. Sort of felt like a test-play-type of thing, too.

EOC made me... more engaged. I sort of thought that EOC was everything that Old-RS wanted. That this was the sort of thing that it really wanted when it started, but the game wasn't too sure how to project it, without messing up the old system. You get me? x.x

But... yeah... I still bloody hate combat, but I find it a tad more interesting now. It makes DG more enjoyable, too.

16-May-2014 04:53:07

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top