Forums

HLF Off Topic Chat Lounge V3 Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856

Breath Mint

Breath Mint

Posts: 29,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dodo said :
I didn't watch the entire game. Did Seattle play as bad as the score looked?

How does a win ever look bad, lol? I'd even take a 1 point win over the Raiders, with all the players Seattle has injured. Seattle struggled to throw the ball but it still would have been a blowout if not for all the big plays called back by penalties. Raiders also had a lucky 4th down TD pass and a garbage time TD late in the 4th quarter to make it seem closer than it really was.

03-Nov-2014 01:29:41 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2014 01:30:21 by Breath Mint

Dodo
May Member 2022

Dodo

Posts: 18,920 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wins could look bad if very easily. A win is a win, sure, but that doesn't mean it was a win based on the team playing good and significantly better than the opposing team. I'll use the Eagles as an example so it doesn't look like I am targeting the Seahawks.

In week 3 the Eagles, who were favorites to win the division, should have won easily against the Redskins who were expected to come last in the division but the final score was like 36-33. Just looking at the score might look like a close game, but watching the game anyone would tell you both teams played like shit/it was a clusterfuck.

A 0-7 Raiders team coming to play the defending Superb Owl champs at home and only losing by a small margin is surprising. I did forget the Seahawks had a lot of injuries and didn't see the big penalties happen, so I give you that, but just looking at the box score and watching the fourth quarter, the Seahawks played bad.

Also that was hardly a garbage time fourth quarter touchdown. They came incredibly close to recovering the onside kick with 2 minutes to go, which is plenty of time to make something happen in football.

03-Nov-2014 01:52:16 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2014 01:57:19 by Dodo

Quick find code: 261-262-450-65269856 Back to Top