Forums

Count to 100 b4 a JMod Posts Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-350-61982875

Mat Dragonx

Mat Dragonx

Posts: 15,861 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you have found this then you have found the secret message for DanML about merching@@@@

Basically this playlist documents doing different types of flips (with advice on how I did it/how you can do them) starting on a small cashpile and going upto ~500m or something
Whilst you have more than 100m it may be worth listening to the other episodes to get more of an idea about what I'm doing, although i'd probably skip the first ep for sure as I was just kind of buying vials and selling for 1gp profit

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEDCA35DFFE62FB72&feature=view_all

---

Next we have a 55min guide that I made that covers the main types of making money from GE. There has been an update since that means you can't sell an item to 'refresh' ...
[ Buy limit of runes is 25k. You USED TO be able to buy 20k, sell 20k, then buy 25k, as selling would 'increase' your limit, although now if you sell you can still only buying the 1 limit of 25k within 4 hours]
... but otherwise I think it's all still relevant, and I tried to make it very informative for people who had no clue at all about anything so you'd at least learn the terms or w/e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soL1mpirtrw

---

How to find margins
Lantadymes : Limit is 10k, cheap item, instant buying and instant selling results in ~100gp (i.e nothing) loss
Instant buy: 5000, instant sell: 4910 < that is checking the margin
We would then buying 9900 @ 4911 and sell @ 4999, changing the prices if they stop buying by checking the margin again
Can buy 10k instead of 9.9k, but may be useful to leave yourself some room to buy instant after to check prices

Flared trousers: Limit is 2, can't really instant buy/sell (2nd one breaks our loss even)
What I do, Instant buy @ price X. Put it in to sell at a little over price X, try and buy another under price X. The amount that you put over and under will depend on the 'usual' profit the item gives

20-Jul-2011 20:15:31 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2013 19:01:43 by Mat Dragonx

Mat Dragonx

Mat Dragonx

Posts: 15,861 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Example: Let's say I've flipped flared trousers in the past and usually made about 150k profit
I instant buy at price X, 2500k. I would put them in to sell at 2550k (Or probably 2548 to undercut anyone selling at 2550k). I would also try and buy more at 2360k.
If the one selling @ 2550k completes, we know we can pay 2.4m and still get our 150k profit, so we can increase our buy if the item does not trade.
If the one @ 2360k completes, we know we can sell the item also @ 2500k (again, 2498 to undercut or so) and still maintain our usual margin.
If neither complete then we would put the item back at 2500 (2498) and let it sell, whilst either raising our current buy offer or moving on to another item.
The amount of time you wait comes with practice, it's something you learn when you get a feel for the type of item you're flipping. If i was doing tt i'd probably not wait more than 2-3 hours, but I honestly haven't done these flared trousers-esque items for almost a year.
You could just instant buy/sell at the start to get some prices for the item, but note the first 4 hours you can only really at best break even.
Ideally, the next 4 hours you'll already know the prices not too long ago, so this is where the prior information comes in useful and you can PROBABLY just use similar margins, although if the item is dropping/rising you'd just adjust both prices down/up accordingly

if the item has a limit of 10 (see barrows items, berserker rings (probably)), you can just instant buy/sell to check the margin, as the remaining 9/10 can easily bring you back into profit. You don't always need to instant sell, for example if you instant buy @ 5m, and it doesn't instant sell at 3M, no point taking over a 2m loss to check the margin when you've already found a good 3-5M flip item

Finally, PC fcs do the 'hard' work for you, by telling you the prices, so more competition, so worse margins. Better margins are the items that aren't PCed 24/7

20-Jul-2011 20:33:05 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2013 19:12:41 by Mat Dragonx

Quick find code: 261-262-350-61982875 Back to Top