Forums

PvP will Help

Quick find code: 259-260-962-66073809

Kiyomi
Nov Member 2016

Kiyomi

Posts: 5,781 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not good at writing and I feel that my organization is going to be a little off, but my idea is that reviving (fixing) PvP would benefit everyone, including non PvPers.

Problems that will be fixed or can positively affect:
1. Minigames like Clan Wars/Soulwars/Pest Control/Castle Wars/Barrows/etc. might come back if people PvPed again and had useful rewards like how void was back in the day.

2. The wilderness wouldn't be totally dead and perhaps there would be a chance to expand it.

3. Doing skills like Farming/Herblore/Mining and Smithing/Runecrafting/Dungeoneering/Cooking/Fishing would be viable again (DG won't be dead hopefully) because of the amount of supplies PvPers use.

4. Just like in oldschool Jagex can create a goldsink by allowing the players to repair items such as void.

Current problems with PvP:
1. You rotate anticipate and freedom to avoid getting stunned and unless one person doesn't know how to rotate their abilities correctly it is nearly impossible to kill people without a team. If I am about to get comboed out I will just natural instinct you or shield camp and I will never die.

2. A legacy Zaros Godsword shouldn't be able to flat out just hit a 800 (8k in eoc) with a whack that is just so dumb.

3. Tank armor is also too strong. I am all for being defensive like having a shield swap in the older days, but just camping full death lotus means you are more than likely never going to die in single combat.

4. You can't hybrid at all. (I forget the exact reason why people can't hybrid/tribrid now, but it had to do with the global cooldown and how much armor affects accuracy.)

Possible ideas to fix the problem:
1. Make weapons/armor/abilities function differently in the wilderness or something to that effect or add some perks that affect only PvP (invention may be kind of a stretch tho).

2. Improve legacy style PvP so that way people can actually pk like in the older days.
~God is a Poro~ NA Akali main ~Poro Lover~

08-Jan-2019 21:51:42

Roxas D
Nov Member 2023

Roxas D

Posts: 732 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey I like your idea. I wasn't ever any good at PvP but I did love doing it back in the day, camping that little castle North of edgeville by the green dragons with my mage pure.
I haven't tried since EoC myself since I just returned four months ago but when I was making runes via the abyss I did find it easy enough to stay alive, and that was with no armor on.

I support your idea or a version of it!
I am Roxas

09-Jan-2019 01:32:36

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bluntly, there's nothing that can be done about PvP in RS3 nor will there ever be. It's dead content. People that want to PvP have already and continue to move over to OSRS. EoC was the biggest reason why PvP died out and until EoC is completely removed, which it never will be, nothing else will be done to rectify PvP completely to what we all remember it as.
- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

09-Jan-2019 16:42:29

Kiyomi
Nov Member 2016

Kiyomi

Posts: 5,781 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It doesn't need to be what it was originally, it just needs to be fixed to actually make it playable and if it's playable people will do it eventually. That is normally how it works in games because it is the true end game content of showing that you are the best. There will always be a strat to kill a boss, but you cannot develop a strat that will net you 100% Kills.

E: The fact that so many people from both communities supported darkscape and how active it was when it was up proves it is possible to have PvP in RS3, there just needs to be a way to balance it and rework some things in order to make it more balanced.

I still hold around rank 150 in BH and a lot of my friends from the PKing days have not moved to OSRS nor do we plan to. The EoC didn't kill pking. Pking was already dying before EoC. It wasn't dragon claws that killed the wild either. It was korasi, Storm of arma, Nex Armors, Poly, Gano, and the overpowered gear that should have been nerfed earlier or in the case of gano and nex armor not have a damage reduction built into it that stacks with divine and ely. It was literally impossible to pk at the point when SOA was released. People were using storm with tb virus and divine and it was impossible to escape it even with prayer and it was impossible to fight back. It always had to do with the imbalance of the items. If items were retuned and abilities were changed in the wild I think PvP could be revived. That is the simplest solution imo.
~God is a Poro~ NA Akali main ~Poro Lover~

10-Jan-2019 11:20:16 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2019 11:28:49 by Kiyomi

Quick find code: 259-260-962-66073809 Back to Top