Forums

Continuous client crashing...

Quick find code: 259-260-858-66065861

Bloominidiot
Nov Member 2023

Bloominidiot

Posts: 975 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, I've been back to the game about 6 months now after a 6 year break. I still have the same issue I did back then (have been on multiple computers).
It seems to happen at any time. Whether I am bank-standing, doing clues, at AOD or Solak, etc. Literally at any given point.

The screen either completely freezes (which will then give me a (cffffffffff.) error.
or
The client will close and give me this error:
"The system detected an overrun of stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. (c0000409)

I would really like some input on how to completely solve the issue.

Things I have already done: cleaned cache, redownloaded client (after uninstalling every bit of rs from my computer first)...messed with settings (I currently play on the lowest settings you could possibly have)...tried the opengl/directx client = extremely laggy...I have every driver updated from windows to my NVIDIA graphics card. (I did some research and found that the NVIDIA graphic card RS users also have this issue. But I have a friend with a mac that has the same issue)

Please help.

05-Dec-2018 02:39:08 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2018 02:47:11 by Bloominidiot

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What are the full PC specs of all your computers (you mentioned you've tried multiple)?

If you don't know, check with the program called "Speccy". It's free and will show you hardware information about the components inside your machine (GPU, RAM, CPU etc).

If it's a pre-built machine and you know the model number, list that instead. If there's multiple versions of your particular model (i.e. 4 GB RAM model and an 8GB RAM model), state that.

Make sure to specify your operating system (and the exact version you have - i.e. Windows 10 build 1809 which is the latest October update for Windows 10) as well.

PC specs will tell us more about your machine. It can help identify what might be wrong.

07-Dec-2018 06:01:02

Quick find code: 259-260-858-66065861 Back to Top