Forums

Forums Finally Dead

Quick find code: 259-260-848-66293032

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So many cool memories from the forums, though... it's been over for a while. To me the beginning of the end was when the Dungeoneering Help section was deleted.

I hope to see you on Reddit!
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

18-Jan-2024 01:32:09

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
VampireFrown said :
Pretty silly. Forums still have their utility in niche cases. It's not like they're particularly expensive or difficult to run.

It's a shame to flush 20 years of history down the toilet.
Agreed. A huge loss of history here. Over a decade of memories for people. If the reasoning is due to them being "too big", they could at least reduce it to 5-6 subsections, as opposed to removing it all completely.

I know CM abaondoned this place back in 2013/2014, and I know there's alternatives such as Reddit and Discord, however people should not be forced to go to those places if they're not completely okay with venturing somewhere off-site. Some people might not be as computer literate to go places off-site, and they may end up getting hurt if they're targeted by people. Reddit/Discord do have their benefits, but people can literally hide and pretent to be others on those site. With the forums, your comments are tied to your account, and everyone knows who you are. Reddit and Discord also have many flaws - where they're ran by players, and not Jagex, but I won't go into that too much. ;)
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

20-Jan-2024 19:02:11

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,866 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do you remember the quests that we had to find a partner for. Which faction are you Black Arm or Phoenix? I need a partner for HEROs quest.

I sure hope they've fixed all the quests, to make them one-person accomplishable.

The same goes for completing outfits, that are tradeable, one-for-one. I have three head pieces, I need body and legs. The forums were the spot to bring those people together.

Where exactly is this new trading spot? Oh that's right, Discord, Reddit, X (twitter), or some other place; how much thought to which forums are still needed, based on the content on RS? Not enough.

Jagex is slowing killing the game. Portables that allow any level to use. People getting 99 crafting / cooking, and we tell them the 99 cape is in the guild, and they ask: where is that? Skills are continually made easier and easier, case in point: Protean ____

History: From the time I started playing, to getting 92 Runecrafting was eight years. Then Runespan came out, and 15 days later I had 99 R/C. With protean essence, I now sit at 200m.

RIP to the forums
RIP to the parts of the game that relies upon them.

23-Jan-2024 10:40:18

Santah Khan
Jul Member 2004

Santah Khan

Posts: 2,866 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PS. I don't Twitter. I don't Reddit. I Discord, only because my Clan requires it, but I don't have a camera nor a microphone attached to my computer.

Jagex has giveaways on alternate chat sites? wow, news to me. Thank for being so inclusive for all players.

Perhaps we should do away with all In-Game chat? If people want to chat, they can do so on, what are those sites? Reddit, Discord and X?

Think of all the scams they'd be stopping. They wouldn't need in-game chat moderators.

23-Jan-2024 10:43:17 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2024 10:48:01 by Santah Khan

Quick find code: 259-260-848-66293032 Back to Top