Forums

Content Gets Harder Until

Quick find code: 259-260-841-66017703

Iso Decoder
Apr Member 2014

Iso Decoder

Posts: 2,873 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You may as well let players decide on the difficulty, Jagex. If there are people who want a challenge for themselves that far surpasses the average capacity of ordinary players, let them have their fun but keep it off the comp cape for those wanting it, yet get stomped by players better than them.

The only way to appease extreme high levels is another player who can match up to their expectations for a challenge, and this is not limited to pvp only either.

A solution to satiate the challengers would be to let players host their own events and challenges in game. Such as mine currently running. To do this, set up a podium with a gold trophy on it called "Customized Challenges". Anyone can put up a challenge of his/her own choosing, but to avoid spam, the player must:

1) Be a member
2) Have at least a certain total level req
3) Allowed to run only one challenge per account
4) Set a time limit under <a certain max timer the devs can decide on>
5) Have a cooldown duration between setting up events
6) Deposit a minimum reward value into the podium (This cannot be withdrawn and will prompt a warning message) <Players can deposit any number of tradable items>

The challenge may be anything the player chooses, with a brief description of the activity on the event selection of the podium.

Writing the description in the text box will also be similar to writing a forum post here. In fact, challenge starters may even link the event to their forum challenges should they wish using the same bbcodes as on the forums.

Once a challenge is beaten, it will be removed from the podium and winners can collect their rewards.

06-Jun-2018 04:47:08

Iso Decoder
Apr Member 2014

Iso Decoder

An example of a forum challenge:

Solve the puzzle below:

Tower-Do-Ku

The rules of the puzzle:

Fill in the boxes just like the tower puzzles of a master clue. For those of you who never done treasure trails, I suggest you practise doing those first and look up a guide as to how to solve them. Unlike a normal tower puzzle however, you also need to make sure the rows, columns and orange boxes have one of each number from 1 to 9 only once. Finally, you must ensure the cross-sections match. These cross-sections are sections of the actual blocks if viewed in 3D, so some lines of section C-C actually represent corners.

This puzzle is missing some numbers. To find these numbers one must solve the keys in-game to reveal the number in its box and calculate the number of the diamonds:

Diamond numbers:

These are diamonds scattered on the outside of the puzzle. One colour represents one number so multiple diamonds of the same colour will mean they are all of the same number, but different to other diamonds of other numbers. They are calculated as follows:

Green diamond
=
Blue key
Yellow key

Purple diamond
=
Blue key
Red key

Yellow Diamond
=
Yellow Key
– White Key
Red Diamond
=
Red Key
– White Key
Blue Diamond
=
Green Key
Purple Key

06-Jun-2018 04:49:09

Iso Decoder
Apr Member 2014

Iso Decoder

Key numbers:

There are 6 clues, each one pertaining to a specific key of one of 6 communities. As well as finding diamond numbers a key also reveal the answer of the square it's in:

Blue Merchant Key:

I was quite poor until someone gave me a common advice about store merchanting a particular item. On one of my merchant runs, a certain ring can be used to lower certain prices to travel to a certain store where you can buy a certain item to sell for higher on the GE. Ignoring the bank, count the number of crates at this certain store.

White Time Key:

Thanks to you I am looped in time. Picked up again and again from those wretched hands! All for the sake of not gold, but weekly xp! At least once again ironically, I can point correctly once more. Take this gem as your reward but don’t forget to look at where my fingers point, for the number of numbers between my fingers is the key. And pay heed to exclude the numbers I may directly point.

Green PVE Key:

My environment is harsh thanks to my guardians. But if you happen to be a true pure skiller, whose wish is to harm none but those who bite, please seek refuge at my cousin’s instead. Count the number of his friends behind you when a swarm appears.

Yellow Puzzle Key

This used to belong to him. Never thought his attire had the most striking figure. And yet not even THAT could save him. The location he was last seen was here:

Red PvP Key

Beware of the most dangerous key of all. If you dare venture in, bank anything you do not wish to risk. And be warned, for my caretakers are very aggressive; and should you turn your back, your friends may be upon you instead. But once returned to a blood related duo, each shall be equally ecstatic. But hand me over not for you shall lose the key. Instead, look at each excitement carefully and tell me the total number of words that are different from the two. That number is your key.

06-Jun-2018 04:49:49

Iso Decoder
Apr Member 2014

Iso Decoder

OR

If you have beaten all of my accounts and claimed one of each basic elemental mystic staves, 50 opal bakriminel bolts (e) and one elemental impetus, you do not need to do the above clue for the red pvp key. It will have been given to you in a pm.

Purple PvM Key:

Do not judge the length of this clue, for this key is the most painstaking to get: Simply, break dance with me and count the number of dance cycles, full and partial, before I go.

General Rule

If you think you have the solution, post your answers below in the comment section. I will be available at the times above and you can discuss the meeting time should you win. The location will be world 2 on G.E. You may only post answers once and I will not call out right or wrong answers immediately. This is to prevent players exhausting alternatives based on other's mistakes, making the challenge unfair. When the right answer is called I will give it some time before answering.

Please post via Imgur your answer in the same format as the question (just print and fill in pen or pencil or copy it to paint or something similar to type in the squares) but make your answer legible .

06-Jun-2018 04:50:22 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2018 04:51:47 by Iso Decoder

Iso Decoder
Apr Member 2014

Iso Decoder

Rewards on the podium would be:

1 barrows dye
1 third age cloak
1 amulet of fury (t)
1 robin hood hat
1 guthix bow

Instead as of now I'll trade the winner when I'm online when the challenge is beaten:

Monday: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Tuesday: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Thursday: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Saturday: 0:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sunday: 0:00 AM – 2:00 PM

I may also be present if anyone wishes to beat my duel anywhere challenge at the GE on world 2. Potions, food and prayers are all allowed.

Modifications to the above rule if my idea is implemented:

Of course, the system will need an answer checker as well. So while the question can be seen, a separate answer must also be submitted to the podium beforehand. Like the question sheet, the answer sheet also has a forum like text box. Whatever is shown as a picture or whatever is typed up will be compared to a user’s answer.

The same applies to the participant. If he or she thinks the answer is found, the player can submit (only once) an image or type an answer into the answer textbox for the system to later compare. When the event times out the winning player will receive an inbox message to collect the winnings from the podium on log in.

06-Jun-2018 04:52:01 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2018 07:24:29 by Iso Decoder

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Comp Cape is supposed to be an elite cape. Material to gain it should be hard. Problem is updates are geared too much toward Comp requirements other than actually adding real content in the game for every player.

06-Jun-2018 19:38:00 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2018 19:40:20 by CaptKoloth

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem with comp cape is that because it's an ever-updating item, goalposts are going to be moved every few updates, and often times those goalposts being moved will alienate some percentage of the community - with Solak's release, it's extremely evident that the goalposts were moved way further than they should have been; so much so that even with my best items and understanding the first two phases I still can't make it past that point becuse my DPS isn't high enough - Solak is literally out of my reach and will be probably until we start getting T99 weapons (never)

My problem with Solak isn't so much finding one other person to group up with (even though I do see comp as a 'solo' cape - and trim as a 'group' cape) - finding one other person isn't nearly as difficult as finding 6 others, so I'm grateful that we have a duo mode. Although, that said, I would really like it if we could start getting solo/'easy' versions of these difficult bosses that would not drop items and would basically solely be available so that people can learn mechanics and re-comp if necessary

Comp should be about experiencing content, not mastering it necessarily. That's why trim exists. I would be more than willing to participate in the Solak fight if there were a few changes made (not to the normal fight) in a new mode that is reduces the harsh punishments of missing a mechanic or not operating some thing in time - often times it's not so much not understanding the boss that ends up getting you killed, it's that you timed an ability incorrectly or when you tried to bladed dive it said you couldn't dive through a wall, when in reality there are no walls anywhere around you - things like these happen in boss fights and a lot of the community is going to make these small mistakes with outstanding punishments and get instant-killed because of one small thing. This isn't fun for those people, and it seriously dampens any motivation ...

(continued on next page)
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

06-Jun-2018 22:07:06 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2018 22:09:56 by Chee