Forums

Returning to RS after a hiatus

Quick find code: 259-260-778-66017941

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Posts: 3,552 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, it's Lunar here. I've retired from RS back in December 2017 and haven't actually played since the beginning of Feb 2018, which was when my membership ran out. Quite a bit has happened since my leave a couple months ago, mainly a few new quests, some MQC related content, and of course, Solak, which is something that I would tackle in the future time (no rush).

Based on the difficulty of Solak, it looks like before I even attempt and learn the boss, I will need to further upgrade my gear. From where I left off over 4 months ago, I do have T90 weapons of all styles minus the seismic set (too poor for that - that's another story though). I do have the cywir elders wand and orb (T90 accuracy T80 damage), and also T80 power armor, nex gear, along with hydrix jewelry. I also need to get new shattered world abilities and most importantly, invention perks on my gear. I need to perk up my gear, so there is a lot of preparations and upgrades before I can even learn Solak.

Finally, I have a more pressing issue at hand. Sometime after I went on hiatus and retired from RS, my NXT client no longer works well at all. Basically, it doesn't even load up on normal mode and has to be compatible mode to work. In compatible mode, the game's performance is horrendous, low fps and what not, which makes doing anything intense out of the question. I will be posting in Community Led Tech Support forums for this issue, but I really don't know if I could do anything intense and serious in RS until the tech issues are resolved.

Edit: Here is the error that I got when loading up NXT.
https://imgur.com/QbEGvU9
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

07-Jun-2018 05:24:47 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2018 05:50:33 by Ut Opus

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Thanks Trevopada! :)

As of now, I'm still working on fixing tech issues. I'm hoping that I'm not SOL in terms of getting higher FPS. My laptop is over 3 years old (I got it at the beginning of 2015 but it was a refurbished one). If I can't resolve this, then I might need to buy a new laptop, but don't have the funds to get one :(

Here is to hoping that tech issues don't stop me from successfully doing PvM especially Solak and other future bosses.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

08-Jun-2018 18:56:38 - Last edited on 08-Jun-2018 18:59:32 by Ut Opus

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

As of now, Solak has been out for a bit more than 2 weeks. I have considered a leech, but, I am looking to learn this boss if possible. I've looked around the teamwork section, however, I could not find a Solak team that will allow someone to learn the boss. I've considered duo's however, I am not that skilled at PvM to do a duo at Solak (which is arguably the hardest boss in RS3 to date).

Therefore, I am looking for a 7 man team that will allow 1 learner to learn the boss. My gear is T90 weapons and Nex armor, all augmented, and currently, just working on getting the appropriate perks to put on them. I also have watched videos of people doing the boss in both duos and teams, so I understand the mechanics for the most part (though it is different doing them than just watching someone go through the kill).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? I mean, I could grind gp then leech, but once again, if I am able to get one kill without leeching, it would be preferred. I just can't find any teams that would allow a learner on there.
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

15-Jun-2018 20:56:29

Bentoki
Jan Member 2023

Bentoki

Posts: 846 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
See the thing is that people that can take a learner or a novice at bossing have absolutely no incentive to do so for free because well they can charge that learner 200-500m or whatever the price is, so at least as for now what I've seen is teams requiring t92 and fully perked up gear and kill counts in raids and vorago and telos enrages.

Your options at least for the foreseeable future are to ask friends to let you tag along, sink some time investment to duo with a friend that can tank for you, learn defensive abilities and good dps, or grind some gp and buy a leech. I'm sure in a few months when the novelty has worn down you will be able to pretty easily get a kill with a clan taking learners, but nothing immediate.

17-Jun-2018 00:33:05

Ut Opus
Jun Member 2023

Ut Opus

Edit: I managed to get a kill for Solak, finally, I can wear comp cape/trim again. Anyways, thanks for your feedback Ben. :)
Trimmed (Dec 2017)
-
MQC (Apr 2017)
-
Comp Cape (Apr 2014)
-
Max Cape (Oct 2012)
-
Quest Cape (Dec 2010)

17-Jun-2018 14:06:23 - Last edited on 17-Jun-2018 23:48:51 by Ut Opus

Quick find code: 259-260-778-66017941 Back to Top