Forums

Re-Looking at Lil' Tuzzy

Quick find code: 259-260-759-66162181

Promethuem
Aug Member 2008

Promethuem

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

i'm wondering if we're able to see if there's a possability to change Lil' Tuzzy's drop roll process.

Currently this is the system inplace (copied from the Wiki) -

Due to how the rewards are generated upon looting Beastmaster Durzag, it is possible to optimise Lil' Tuzzy's drop chance. Achto items and Mazcab ability codices are prioritised over the pet in the reward loot, and thus lowering the chance of those items contributes to increasing the chance of receiving Lil' Tuzzy.

The numbers are you need to MISS a 1/20(10) Achto Roll, THEN a 1/10 Codex Roll to then get the CHANCE of hitting the 1/512 Roll for Lil' Tuzzy.

I'm asking if we can please get Lil' Tuzzy to either have (at least 1 or several) a threshold, higher priority or the ability to be dropped with other items.

Personally i've done 953 Beastmaster Kills and still haven't gotten the drop yet. so it's a selfish ask i know that, but the fact that it's not possible for people to get a pet while getting another unique at a boss where you're only able to loot every 2 days is extremely punishing for people (like myself) who've gotten unlucky.
153rd
Insane Final Boss
-- Bulk Skilling Supplies Here!

25-May-2020 15:12:47

Kunst

Kunst

Posts: 1,701 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've gotten my lil' tuzzy while going for 15/15 achto, prob under 100 kills. Seeing the current drop rates and mechanics, going 1k kills dry is not even that uncommon.

Pets with old mechanics are a big yikes in my book. Total support to rework all drop pets to use the current system, with a drop rate and threshold, and be prioritized over any other drop.
Trimmed 04/12/15

26-May-2020 13:00:11

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got lil tuzzy way early with my group and didnt know how rare it was, but I have never used it as an override, and I wouldnt mind, at all, if they did a sideways approach like...

an MVP token for one free boss pet

yknow. just one.

I'll admit my greed: I'd use it for yakaminu immediately. I was all done raiding (looted 200 yaka as base tank for my team) before yakaminu existed, and raids are really toxic now. I'd kinda rather die than do a bunch of raids again. I barely understand the new lingo, and the players welfaring the hardest are the ones who slow raids down accusing everyone else of welfaring. Its 100% the hardest part of this game dealing with other players.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

27-May-2020 01:35:27

Promethuem
Aug Member 2008

Promethuem

Kunst said :
I've gotten my lil' tuzzy while going for 15/15 achto, prob under 100 kills. Seeing the current drop rates and mechanics, going 1k kills dry is not even that uncommon.

Pets with old mechanics are a big yikes in my book. Total support to rework all drop pets to use the current system, with a drop rate and threshold, and be prioritized over any other drop.
i've honestly seen so many people just say it's an easy drop just grind it off loot. i understand where they're coming from but it's like the Vitalis back in the day, 1/1000 Drop rate (1/5,000 per drop slot) with no progress regardless of how many or how little kills/hours you've put towards the boss.

Granted afaik Vitalis is the only re-rollable boss pet in the game due to how people could go thousands if not tens of thousands of kills without even seeing one let alone getting it.

If there could only be 1 change to Lil' Tuzzy's drop mechanics i would say make it have a threshold, even if it's not a priority drop cause when you do miss a codex/achto it's always going to be easier rather then 'Better luck next time' or 'Gets a codex or achto no roll for you'
153rd
Insane Final Boss

28-May-2020 08:35:25

Inque
Nov Member 2013

Inque

Posts: 548 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I submitted a ninja suggestion to give Tuzzy a threshold, like other boss pets, and to make him required for IFB to compensate. Makes sense, doesn't it? He's essentially a boss pet already, so let's make him less frustrating to get and consistent with the IFB title. If a drop rate of 1/512 and a threshold of 102 makes him too common, simply make the drop rate rarer.

As someone with IFB and over 900 Beastmaster Durzag kills without Tuzzy, I gladly welcome another pet to grind.
You can't read this signature. It's written in invisible inque.

22-Aug-2020 19:10:30 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2020 21:08:03 by Inque

Promethuem
Aug Member 2008

Promethuem

Inque said :
I submitted a ninja suggestion to make give Tuzzy a threshold, like other boss pets, and to make him required for IFB to compensate. Makes sense, doesn't it? He's essentially a boss pet already, so let's make him less frustrating to get and consistent with the IFB title. If a drop rate of 1/512 and a threshold of 102 makes him too common, simply make the drop rate rarer.

As someone with IFB and over 900 Beastmaster Durzag kills without Tuzzy, I gladly welcome another pet to grind.
Same i've now hit over 1k kc (well over double the rolls for the pet) and if it was an ifb req, w/ a thresh and able to be rolled w/ an item i'm happy to grind it out
153rd
Insane Final Boss

27-Aug-2020 12:27:35

Quick find code: 259-260-759-66162181 Back to Top