Forums

Kags' HLF POP Encyclopedia V5

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736

Grotius
Aug Member 2023

Grotius

Posts: 7,720 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What an incredible thread! The amount of information here is astonishing, well brought and eclipses every ports guide or thread I've seen or helped with. Very well done Kags!

It's nice to see this for me on a personal note, as Ports V1 was the last thing I truly enjoyed on the original Runescape. It kept me around in the gap between eoc completely ruining this game for me and OSRS launching, and I was absolutely totally hooked on it. I did play Ports V2 way after I quit eoc but not actually competitively, and did some V3 unenthusiastically later on just to see it. I moved to OSRS, had less time for RS in general and eventually also stopped keeping up with comp requirements.

But thinking back at those days, honestly Ports ranks right up with pre-eoc Dungeoneering (countless competitive hours) for me as the most fun I've ever had on this game.
Looking back at it, living on alarms every 2-3 hours or so (Cherrywood region was horrible!) for weeks on end was probably a rather poor life decision, but the competitive aspect in Ports was just so much fun. Trying to be the first one to reach new phases, put new information out there, discussing strategies with some of the game's absolute legends, I just loved it.

Anyway sorry for the sentimental grandpa kind of post, but stumbling upon this thread in a section of the forum I now only nostalgically click like twice a year just brought back such awesome memories!

Thank you Kags! Keep up the great work :)

02-Jan-2017 02:45:50

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Grotius said :
What an incredible thread! The amount of information here is astonishing, well brought and eclipses every ports guide or thread I've seen or helped with. Very well done Kags!

It's nice to see this for me on a personal note, as Ports V1 was the last thing I truly enjoyed on the original Runescape. It kept me around in the gap between eoc completely ruining this game for me and OSRS launching, and I was absolutely totally hooked on it. I did play Ports V2 way after I quit eoc but not actually competitively, and did some V3 unenthusiastically later on just to see it. I moved to OSRS, had less time for RS in general and eventually also stopped keeping up with comp requirements.

But thinking back at those days, honestly Ports ranks right up with pre-eoc Dungeoneering (countless competitive hours) for me as the most fun I've ever had on this game.
Looking back at it, living on alarms every 2-3 hours or so (Cherrywood region was horrible!) for weeks on end was probably a rather poor life decision, but the competitive aspect in Ports was just so much fun. Trying to be the first one to reach new phases, put new information out there, discussing strategies with some of the game's absolute legends, I just loved it.

Anyway sorry for the sentimental grandpa kind of post, but stumbling upon this thread in a section of the forum I now only nostalgically click like twice a year just brought back such awesome memories!

Thank you Kags! Keep up the great work :)

Thank you for your support!

~Portmaster Kags :)
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

02-Jan-2017 23:00:50 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2022 20:19:57 by Kags

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736 Back to Top