Forums

Kags' HLF POP Encyclopedia V5

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736

The contents of this message have been hidden.

14-Jan-2018 01:52:30

The contents of this message have been hidden.

14-Jan-2018 07:04:45

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I'm very new to ports and I found this guide halfway through the skull region. I am now in the arc region but it seems as though I am always struggling to get high percentage on better missions, and it is impossible to complete any missions that provide trade goods such as plate and chi. Is this normal in the early going? Or am I doing something wrong?

Normal, as long as you follow the sections word for word and hire the crew recommended. You will gain 100% distance even from failed voyages, which means new regions quicker -> better crew for hire -> previous regions become super easy.

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

18-Jan-2018 15:15:45

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Hey Kags, first off thanks for this great guide, helped me a ton when starting off Ports.
Question regarding the rarity of captains - I'm currently ~95% through Pincers region but have yet to see a single 10k captain. I check nearly every day. Is this normal? Should I expect to see them more frequently in Loop?

Thanks.

Yep normal. As long as you built the best bar you can (Luxurious Bar), the rest is RNG. Can be pretty rare though. Becomes more common in Loop and very common in Shield region (but in Shield you'll want the 35K captains). Good luck.

~Portmaster Kags :)
HLF V5

20-Jan-2018 02:48:53

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Kags, I apologize if this is somewhere in your guide (haven't completely read through it) but should I be sending out every mission possible or should i be aiming for a certain possibly completion percentage?

Keep all ships sailing 24/7 as much as possible (following sections 21-28 word for word) - you get 100% distance gain even from failed voyages.

~Portmaster Kags ;)
HLF V5

20-Jan-2018 13:22:40

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736 Back to Top